Texlax/Texturize.........What's the difference?

Hair2Dye4

I hear alot about Texlaxing on here, and I'm wondering what's the difference between texlaxing and texturizing. I sorta know what effect a texturizer has (at least on men). I've seen pics of members who texlax and it looks so pretty, but I'm not sure if I can get that look.

Can you texlax or texturize previously relaxed hair?
Any instructions on how their done?
What product do you use?

TIA

glamazon386

It just refers to how straight you make the hair when you relax it. Texturized has more curl and looks closer to natural. Usually it still allows the hair to hold natural styles like 2 strand twists. Also, sometimes when naturals move to texturizing it doesn't change the way their hair looks at all it just makes it softer. Texlaxed is closer to being relaxed. To achieve both you can use a regular relaxer it just depends on how long you leave it on.

Last edited:

sareca

It just refers to how straight you make the hair when you relax it. Texturized has more curl and looks closer to natural. Usually it still allows the hair to hold natural styles like 2 strand twists. Also, sometimes when naturals move to texturizing it doesn't change the way their hair looks at all it just makes it softer. Texlaxed is closer to being relaxed. To achieve both you can use a regular relaxer it just depends on how long you leave it on.

What she said... :)

Although I go back and forth, but I consider myself texturized.