Krymsonkween

Okay I am having problems w/shedding. My regi is

wash 1x per week
aphogee or keracare shampoos
aphogee greentea keritan spray
aphogee leave-in spray
2min recon mixed with elasta qp infusium

NTM 2x per week with mix of eo

nothing else. Below are pics of my hair and the combs and brushes I use along with what is shedding out of my hair. Am I worried about nothing? I think my hair looks healthy.

Thanks in advance.

Help

11/2008
1/2009

1/2009

MJ

Om, the amount of shedding in those pics doesn't look unusual. I'm a bit confused.

hillytmj

No, that's pretty normal to me.

Are you comparing your shedding to other people on this board who say they lose less than 5 hairs per wash? If so, I definitely don't think that's the case for everyone.

I've heard the statistic that it's normal to lose up to 100 hairs per day, so I think you're okay. :)

Krymsonkween

I get the long shedded hair's daily when ever I comb my hair. At onetime I was not having any shedding at all and now it is like everday I get some shedded pieces. The last time I shedded was last year in august and it was ptotein overload and I went and no shedding and now this month I am shedding again.

Am I freaking out for no reason. Yall just don't undestand I finally haver some healhy hair and I plan on keeping it.:lachen:

Babylilac

Girl I am still learning myself but I do not see anything unusual.Experienced ladies will chime and help you out.Your hair looks healthy:yep::yep:

Urban

Is that all shed hair or does it include some broken hairs aswell? Also, are you collecting that hair off the floor, from your clothes etc ... as you go about your day? Or is it coming from those combs and brushes. If it's from the combs and brushes, then maybe just finger comb for the next 2-3 days and see if you're still shedding as much.

MJ

Interestingly enough, I just saw this quote in someone's fotki album.

Your hair is at the end of its growth cycle when it sheds, which means, YAAAAY NEW HAIR IS COMING. Hair growth cycle usually lasts 4-6 years, finally it sheds.

Hope it helps :yep:.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I think this is normal as well; however, i will venture to say that the paddle brush that you are using (the one on the inside) is the same one that I had and it ripped hairs out of my head. I invested in a detangling brush from Aveda and I have less hairs from one week than I would have from the other brush in one day.

longhairlover

I agree that the shedding looks like the norm, hair is going to shed, my friend sheds a lot but she still has a lot of hair but that's just how she sheds. I shed a little to a lot depending on my products and if they are detangling my hair well or not.

Just like we shed skin (dust) we shed hair.

lexielex

I don't think anyone else mentioned this, notice you have a new lil one so it might be safe to say postpartum shedding. But it's minimal nothing to worry about. your hair looks nice and healthy.

Platinum

I don't think anyone else mentioned this, notice you have a new lil one so it might be safe to say postpartum shedding. But it's minimal nothing to worry about. your hair looks nice and healthy.

I believe the beautiful little angel in OP's siggy is her granddaughter. OP, I don't think you should be alarmed.

gissellr78

Okay I am having problems w/shedding. My regi is

wash 1x per week
aphogee or keracare shampoos
aphogee greentea keritan spray
aphogee leave-in spray
2min recon mixed with elasta qp infusium

NTM 2x per week with mix of eo

nothing else. Below are pics of my hair and the combs and brushes I use along with what is shedding out of my hair. Am I worried about nothing? I think my hair looks healthy.

Thanks in advance.

Help

11/2008
1/2009

1/2009

That looks normal to me....

msa

Humans shed an average of 50-100 hairs per day. You may shed 25 or 150, just depends on you. And you're probably not noticing all the hair that's coming out throughout the day.

You're shedding is neither big nor bad. So stop tripping.