The Bohemian Wash n Go Method?

vkb247

I was stalking the fotki of one of my favorite texlaxed ladies (Zupreme over at BHM) and was checking out her reggie because she gets such good curl definition and hang yet has a simple reggie. I saw that she uses what she calls the Bohemian method to encourage your hair to hang down more when it is used over time.

Its like a regular cowash except after rinsing out the conditioner and detangling she puts more conditioner in, leaves it in while bathing, and then rinses it out without manipulating the hair at all from that point on.

Is anyone else cowashing this way or usuing the Bohemian method?
Has it helped you get more hang?

Ladies please share tips on how to get more hang from a wash n go.

TemiLnd

I guess you could say I tried this, well sort of...
I found that the less manipulation, the nicer my curl pattern appears.So when I braid out of cornrow-out, i just release the hair, pin sthg nice in it and go. Not too much seperation.
HTH

caramelcutieinva

I do this when the morning that I go to get my hair flat ironed

I did it that way for softness though ... not necessarily curl definition

msa

I thought the bohemian method was just using water, no other styling aids or manipulation. Seems like she's just doing a regular cowash to me.

vkb247

bumping this because I see that a lot of ladies use a Bohemian method. What exactly is it and what is the right way to do it? I need some links or something!

Jaxhair

No idea - just here to learn something, lol. I'm still recovering from tangles caused by wearing a wash and go for 2 days 12 days ago - the trauma was unbelievable - finished detangling yesterday!

lilsparkle825

Sounds like a regular cowash to me. I put the condish in, clean myself, then rinse out and get out of the shower. Do you mean "no more mani" like no adding a leave-in or towel/t-shirt drying? That's the only difference I can see.

vkb247

Every person seems to have a different interpretation of this but it does seem to be a lot of what we are already doing under a different name...

Not sure how it goes for relaxed or texlaxed hair (probably the same?), but I followed Jazzi's bohemian method to a 'T':

- Daily Co-washing
- NO styling products, butters, silicones, serums, etc.
- Only additions are water soluble leave in conditioners or home-made stuff
- That's it - no more, no less. But the key is water soluble leave-ins and conditioners for co-washes, otherwise you get build up and defeat the purpose

SoAnxious12

could someone list some of the water soluble(sp) conditioners they are using for this method. It sounds just like what i do now except i don't think my conditioner is water soluble. In addition to this I was maybe every 3-5 days. So far so good.

vkb247

Who in the world is Jazzi? I looked her up on the member list and didn't see anyone with that spelling.

Don't think Jazzi is on this forum. She has a fotki, but has consolidated her albums differently since 2006 and doesn't have a separate folder for it. But in a nutshell...

Finding the right conditioner is half the battle. Below are some of the conditioners that work. I think one or two have a cone in it, but it is the one water soluble cone. I followed this religiously for back to back summers and hardly ever used shampoo in the process and got no buildup. Hair will be super soft too. As has been stated, so many people do this anyway, it's just "6 of one, half a dozen of another :drunk:"

For the co-wash/co-rinse:
V05
Dove
Suave

Good leave-in Conditioners:
Herbal Essence Conditioners (double up for co-wash)
elucence (double up for co-wash)
jamaican mango and lime cactus
abba nourishing
Giovanni Direct Leave In
Aubrey Organics Oriental Mandarin Magic
aveda exlier (if you can find it - sometimes it's still on ebay, and I am STILL pissed that they discontinued this...I left it on here because I walked up on it in a Duane Reade one day and wiped out the shelf!!!)
shea moisture
PM The Conditioner
soft and precious detangling spray
sta sof fro
Trader Joe's Nourish

Hope this helps!!!

BostonMaria

You use Poland Spring water and shake your head around. Dry under the sun.
No gel, no conditioner, no finger combing, no kidding

dany06

The term was coined by a member on Happy Curls. It is basically the curly girl routine. You avoid cones, heavy products, harsh ingredients and try to retain as much moisture as possible. The main thing is that you cowash, put in a leave-in, and call it a day. You don't use a styler like a gel or curling cream.