The End Times

kayte

No none of us can predict..& that is not our job...not my job...only God knows....but does it feel as if we are approaching end times? The second coming of Christ of our Lord is a joyous occasion,.. is it preceded by disasters on the scale of which I've never seen?
Is this spoken in the Bible? I have NEVER EVER
witnessed the degree,and frequency to which world wide catastrophic
natural events are occurring..it feels like every other day.....
Katrina
Tsunami
Earthquakes
I am not even addressing the present day wars,genocide,and devastation.....
Just putting it out there
Thoughts?
I'm bewildered ..are you?

Dark&Lovley

We are living in the last days! The bible speaks of this critical time we are living in.

At, 2 Timothy 3:1-5 it says in the King James version

The Character of Men in the Last Days

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Also, in Matthew 24:3-13 it says:

3¶ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9¶ Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved

and in the............

New World Translation

2 Timothy 3:1-5

1 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

Everything that's mentioned we see happening today. :ohwell:

Also, in Matthew 24:3-13

3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 YOU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.
7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
9 “Then people will deliver YOU up to tribulation and will kill YOU, and YOU will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. 13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.

DonnaDi31Proverbi

I'm not studies up on end-times scripture and teaching, but I was talking to my mom the day the earthquake happened in China and was telling her I feel that this stuff is no coincidence. Things are happening and changing, God is moving and I really hope Christians everywhere are taking head.

I was sitting yesterday and "birthing pains" just popped into my head. I know it had to be the Holy Spirit. So much is changing.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
yes i was watching a clip of an interview of bush about gas and he says what we need to do we need to form better habits on driving and car companies need to build better fuel economy cars but he says he will think about a gas tax. bush could care less because he is making billions off the american people. he is almost of the office,now see if he were up for re election his name would not even come up. everything is happening so fast. gas is not rising at a normal rate. gas is going up as fast as crack heads get a high. i believe he is the herald of the anti christ or has something to do with it.
God still sits on the throne. i am not worried. God always provides. we just have to trust Him that everything is going to be alright.

Nefertiti0906

As the centuries drag on, the closer we are to the end times. However, I don't feel that we're at the endtimes.

If anything, we are in the age of information where we get access to most things in a span of at least 10 secs (via the internet), allowing us to learn more about the natural disasters. If we look throughout history, there's a pattern of natural disasters as well as the wickedness of man. The natural disaster could be attributed to the earth changing because it is aging and the pollution doesn't help. Also take a look at some of the civilizations that have been wiped out all over the world, but we're still here.

But I could be wrong...

Personally, I'm not to worried about the end times because I could drop dead tomorrow. I'm trying to live each day for the moment :)

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

I agree that none but God knows when that day will come when Jesus returns. But it does "feel" like we are close. The crazy thing is that, because I am saved, I am not scared at all. I feel as ready as I can get, since grace is a gift that we can't ever reciprocate with any works or acts.

I am so worried about the people who will be left behind.

discobiscuits

HI KAYTE!!!! :wave:

We've been living in "end times" since Christ's resurrection. I just know that I am like the earth*, I'm happily anticipating Christ's return.

Romans 8:19 [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.[/FONT]

kayte

We are living in the last days! The bible speaks of this critical time we are living in.

It feels like this to me ...and I agree...I know the Bible speaks to this..

thanks for sharing. I was going to say something, but I need to get my thoughts together and come back!

Oh please do!....I really wanted to hear/know am I the only thinking this???
and if so or if not....why OR WHY NOT? So please come back and weigh in your wisdom :look:

I'm not studies up on end-times scripture and teaching, but I was talking to my mom the day the earthquake happened in China and was telling her I feel that this stuff is no coincidence. Things are happening and changing, God is moving and I really hope Christians everywhere are taking head.

Neither am I..see..my mom was saying some thing similiar about the tsunami....... And how can it be a coincidence
when its so frequent and so catastrophic ..without warning ..not one but revolving disasters...are we done? trying not to be fatalistic....but don't think so..I don't think it's done
and then there's NYC..during our winter..we had days that were like spring....yeah....it was a great change from freezing but a lot of people I spoke of this to from the barista behind my neighborhood Starbucks Counter,....taxi driver....to good friends were like ...shaking their heads and sayin....this IS scary.... when I said in conversation..... nice weather..yeah??

I was sitting yesterday and "birthing pains" just popped into my head. I know it had to be the Holy Spirit. So much is changing.

I hear you..........thank you for sharing this

God still sits on the throne. i am not worried. God always provides. we just have to trust Him that everything is going to be alright.

This is the attitude to have.... We are asked to not lean on our understand but to have faith in spite of not understanding

A good site to visit concerning the End Times is www.kenraggio.com.

Checking it out....

The natural disaster could be attributed to the earth changing because it is aging and the pollution doesn't help. Also take a look at some of the civilizations that have been wiped out all over the world, but we're still here.

I kind got this image..and love the idea of the earth being like an old house that's settling in its bones..but the scale and scope of the disasters give pause...it's true other civilzations have been wiped out
lol...wish I could find that reassuring :nono::spinning:

I agree that none but God knows when that day will come when Jesus returns. But it does "feel" like we are close. The crazy thing is that, because I am saved, I am not scared at all. I feel as ready as I can get, since grace is a gift that we can't ever reciprocate with any works or acts.

It does feel like it!!!

being saved...by grace......something beautiful to focus on......
that is a daily gift..miracle...and that is answer to everything
being saved...that's the why and how and what to every question

I am so worried about the people who will be left behind.

I dunno
I think intercessory prayer for those bros/sists who need Christ and don't realize it
[/quote]

HI KAYTE!!!! :wave:
We've been living in "end times" since Christ's resurrection. I just know that I am like the earth*, I'm happily anticipating Christ's return.
Romans 8:19 [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.[/FONT]

:hiya: jenniferohjenny :grin::look:

You are so right on..praying on that ..that is THE meditative truth to live by ...it is THE answer for everything. I trust and admire your confidence..I am too too human....but the Lord is stronger than my uncertainties

We love you Lord....thank you for supplying us with wisdom when we ask you for it... ..in the name of Christ..we bless you.

I just had to acknowledge our God as I felt so uplifited by the answers.. I can feel HIS reassuring love

metamorfhosis

When I talk to my Dad about end times, he always tells me that his Mother said the same thing. However, there are events talking place now that did not take place in my grandmother's generation:

1.The Weather Conditions- Lately everyday, there have been earthquakes all over the world, twice as many tornadoes, and a cyclone that could take up to 100,000 lives.
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Mark 13

2.The Illuminati is a powerful group that rules this country. Their ultimate goal is a one world government better known as a New World Order and it is here.
YouTube - The New World Order is Here!

3.The Pope is encouraging Christianity and Islam to unite. (One world religion)
Pope discusses Islam relations with Anglican head | International | Reuters

YouTube - FUTURE ONE WORLD RELIGION

4.The Mark of the Beast has been thought to be a microchip. Microchips weren't invented 30-40 years ago.
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Revelation 13:16-18 ;

VeriChip Microchip Implants Cause Fast-Growing, Malignant Tumors in Lab Animals. Will this end the Mark of the Beast?

5.Bush is seeking peace in the Middle East between Israel and Palestine. He wants to divide the holy land which is Israel. He is in the region now. There will be one (known as the Anti-Christ) who will bring peace for 3 1/2 years and then there will be chaos on Earth. This 7 year period is called the Tribulation.
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Rev 13:1-18

COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!!

Last edited:

queenspence

I appreciate the scriptural references presented by you ladies. I do believe that we are getting closer to the return of Christ. What is important is that we are preparing to go back with Him.

discobiscuits

You have a point but this goes back to a different thread where someone posted something about the media. Historians and scientists have studied various phenomenon throughout time and have come to the conclusion that the events today are not happening with any more frequency or increased destructive power as in the past, we just have the resources and tools to get information quicker and faster. It just seems like things are worse than in the past. The people in my family between 80-100 years old say the same thing but then they also correlate how then they did not have TV only radio or news reels in the movie theaters or the newspaper. Now we can get info instantly with live feeds as it happens so I think that factors into how technological advances make it appear that the prophesies in the bible are coming true and soon. No man knows the time, even Jesus didn't (Matt 24:36) so I don't let what I see in the media or the internet cause me to think that the current events are heralding the return of Christ.

However, in Matthew 24, Jesus did allude to these signs increasing but in verse 34 He also stated that this generation will not pass and refers to the elect in verses 22, 24 & 31 and he is speaking to his disciples about the signs of his return to answer their question about how they will know his coming again. Now, later in the chapter Jesus refers to some of the events foretold in Revelations and I wonder (and maybe some one can address this) if he was talking about his resurrection and what has already passed, not that which is to come. Of course this would not make sense since He was resurrected on the 3rd day and in verse 36 Jesus said no man knows the day, so again, it appears to refer to Revelations.

I think that with the current technology, we are set up for the whole world to see his return (verses 30 & 31) so we may be witnessing the beginning of the end.

For the sake of length I'll omit some of my other musings & reserve them for another post.

Other thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=233439

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=4525297

When I talk to my Dad about end times, he always tells me that his Mother said the same thing. However, there are events talking place now that did not take place in my grandmother's generation:

1.The Weather Conditions- Lately everyday, there have been earthquakes all over the world, twice as many tornadoes, and a cyclone that could take up to 100,000 lives.
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Mark 13

2.The Illuminati is a powerful group that rules this country. Their ultimate goal is a one world government better known as a New World Order and it is here.
YouTube - The New World Order is Here!

3.The Pope is encouraging Christianity and Islam to unite. (One world religion)
Pope discusses Islam relations with Anglican head | International | Reuters

YouTube - FUTURE ONE WORLD RELIGION

4.The Mark of the Beast has been thought to be a microchip. Microchips weren't invented 30-40 years ago.
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Revelation 13:16-18 ;

VeriChip Microchip Implants Cause Fast-Growing, Malignant Tumors in Lab Animals. Will this end the Mark of the Beast?

5.Bush is seeking peace in the Middle East between Israel and Palestine. He wants to divide the holy land which is Israel. He is in the region now. There will be one (known as the Anti-Christ) who will bring peace for 3 1/2 years and then there will be chaos on Earth. This 7 year period is called the Tribulation.
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Rev 13:1-18

COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!!!

DonnaDi31Proverbi

You have a point but this goes back to a different thread where someone posted something about the media. Historians and scientists have studied various phenomenon throughout time and have come to the conclusion that the events today are not happening with any more frequency or increased destructive power as in the past, we just have the resources and tools to get information quicker and faster. It just seems like things are worse than in the past. The people in my family between 80-100 years old say the same thing but then they also correlate how then they did not have TV only radio or news reels in the movie theaters or the newspaper. Now we can get info instantly with live feeds as it happens so I think that factors into how technological advances make it appear that the prophesies in the bible are coming true and soon. No man knows the time, even Jesus didn't (Matt 24:36) so I don't let what I see in the media or the internet cause me to think that the current events are heralding the return of Christ.

However, in Matthew 24, Jesus did allude to these signs increasing but in verse 34 He also stated that this generation will not pass and refers to the elect in verses 22, 24 & 31 and he is speaking to his disciples about the signs of his return to answer their question about how they will know his coming again. Now, later in the chapter Jesus refers to some of the events foretold in Revelations and I wonder (and maybe some one can address this) if he was talking about his resurrection and what has already passed, not that which is to come. Of course this would not make sense since He was resurrected on the 3rd day and in verse 36 Jesus said no man knows the day, so again, it appears to refer to Revelations.

I think that with the current technology, we are set up for the whole world to see his return (verses 30 & 31) so we may be witnessing the beginning of the end.

For the sake of length I'll omit some of my other musings & reserve them for another post.

Other thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=233439

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=4525297

This is a good point. But also to me, the increase in technology of the last 100 or even over the last 50 years has been at a much higher rate than any other time in history, indicating a move towards end times. With all the other references too, such as how increasingly wicked man has become, the move toward uniting religions, etc., I still believe we are experiencing birthing pains. I don't think though that we are in the very throes of His return (I could be very wrong), but I feel like we are 'relatively' close to seeing the Lord Jesus return, but not necessarily in my lifetime. I somehow believe my son or maybe my grandchildren (Lord willing I have any) will experience the true 'last days'. I do know we won't see things get better, but sadly many will be fooled into thinking that things are better.

Last edited:

discobiscuits

This is a good point. But also to me, the increase in technology of the last 100 or even over the last 50 years has been at a much higher rate than any other time in history, indicating a move towards end times. With all the other references too, such as how increasingly wicked man has become, the move toward uniting religions, etc., I still believe we are experiencing birthing pains. I don't think though that we are in the very throes of His return (I could be very wrong), but I feel like we are 'relatively' close to seeing the Lord Jesus return, but not necessarily in my lifetime. I somehow believe my son or maybe my grandchildren (Lord willing I have any) will experience the true 'last days'. I do know we won't see things get better, but sadly many will be fooled into thinking that things are better.
I'd have to agree with your post. :yep:

no doubt about it. It was in my mind as well when i seen back to back the cyclone in myanmar, then earthquake in china, i thought about about the scriptures of wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes in diverse places, pestilence, diseases and famines.

I just read about a rice shortage that is in asia. The article was from april. Even at my place of employment, they are going to be outsourcing many positions to india, and the ppl are so concerned what they will do. I trust God, i believe he will make a way and has been all along.

memee1978

i agree...were living in trhe end....but there wil be a great war....and unlike anyother...................................................................armageddon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad::sad::sad:

kayte

China quake seen as 'worst case' for California

Seismologists fear deadly devastation could occur in the Los Angeles area

This MSN headlines seems to speak to the times....
God be with us all...