The Fast of Sacrifice (October 12- Thanksgiving Day) Part 1

golden bronze

This is a fast that I've been led by the Spirit to participate in since Lent. I've spoken with a few of you about it. If you are interested in joining me on this fast, please do. It is anonymous. You don't need to let me know you're doing it. We'll begin tomorrow and end on Thankgiving day-- 40 days. Please share with those who you think would like to participate.

The Fast of Sacrifice

October 8th marked the end of another 40 days of fasting and prayer. We prayed for: Anointing, Obedience, and Transformation.

The Fast

I ask you to journey with me one more time if you are compelled join in 40 days of fasting and prayer. During these 40 days, that you allow the Lord to lead you to fast from something that He places on your heart. This is a sacrificial fast, not a full fast from food. If you fast from food, although the Lord may lead you to give up a certain food. During your fast, pray over the three meditation points daily. Give alms--- it could be money; it could be your talent, or your time to someone who is in need. Again, you do not need to reveal to anyone, even me that you are engaging in this fast. God knows, and he will bless you for what you do in secret in the open.

Inspiration Thought
I also ask that you plant a seed during this period. Be a light to the world, a city on a hill, shining before all to see the Glory of God. Outside of the earth, many people are living in darkness, despair and brokenness, maybe even you on some days. Some days we feel as we just don't fit. But know this: God's light is in you, and he made it to shine. The fruit of the spirit reminds us that self control is what is needed to cultivate the harvest of love. A flower cannot grow when people constantly pick it, nor can it seed. Let us be controlled enough to stop picking flowers in God's garden that are not meant to be picked, and not ready to be plucked. Finally, have joy. Not joy that the world gives, because in truth the world gives no joy. People spend their whole lives chasing after meaningless things that not only don't bring satisfaction,-- those things inspire hunger. Let us have a joy that can't be stolen by life, because nothing in this life gave it to us.

How to Pray
Prayer is simply communion with God. There is no special way to pray. Pray what is on your heart. The Bible tells us certain strongholds of the enemy are only broken by prayer and fasting. Our first 40 days was about breaking down strongholds of everything that keeps us, and the church from being completed in Christ. Our second 40 days continued with that theme, but moved into the area of building up our homes, our spiritual walk, our children, our gifts. Our third venture we prayed for the harvest to begin to manifest itself. We then prayed to be obedient, transformed, and the anointing.

As you fast, diligently pray, and stay in the word. Remember to trust always in the Lord, and not lean to your own understanding, but rather ask Him to help you discern His will for this period of fasting and prayer. Don’t stop praying for what is on your heart, but let this prayer complement the things you are praying for.

We will begin this fast tomorrow October 12th ending November 22nd, Thanksgiving Day.

Please see the second post for the rest of it.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Golden Bronze, I'm reading through this now. I think its wonderful...thanks for sharing. :giveheart:

I also see part 2. More golden words to read. :yep:

Last edited: