The final frontier...bantu knots

pazyamor

As I was Fotki-stalking :)sekret:) instead of studying :)bookworm:), I noticed more than a few ladies with bantu-knot sets and I was thinking to myself, "You know what I've never learned how to do? bantu knots!" and I think that's a shame because they seem to come out so cool. SO, having said that, I was wondering if anybody knew of a good tutorial that could really teach a DIY-special education student :)nuts:):grin: such as myself how to bantu knot? Thanks.

Yeah me too!! :yep: Especially on natural hair...hopefully some people will chime in soon with instructions (and pics) :yep:

BUMPY BUMP....I would to try these on my straightened hair tonight before I wash this weekend. So if any one has tips please chime in.

TIA

I don't know of a tutorial...I just kind of figured it out years ago.

I two strand twist a section (it get's less tangled and it's easier to knot that way). Then starting at the base I twist it until it's tight. I then just twist it in a circle around itself. I do it tight enough that when I get to the end it just tucks under.

I'm sure that doesn't even make sense. But it's so easy. Just make a two strand twist right now and then twist it around. That's literally how I figured it out.

I don't know of a tutorial...I just kind of figured it out years ago.

I two strand twist a section (it get's less tangled and it's easier to knot that way). Then starting at the base I twist it until it's tight. I then just twist it in a circle around itself. I do it tight enough that when I get to the end it just tucks under.

I'm sure that doesn't even make sense. But it's so easy. Just make a two strand twist right now and then twist it around. That's literally how I figured it out.

:kiss: hey MSA!!!! How are ya Girly!!!

I think my siggy pic is a bantu knot..... It is sort of how she described above...

Take the parted length of hair.... make each part smooth, twirl, and then begin to twist hair.... twist around fingers until it you can twist it around itself... Secure with pin.

Hey I dunno if that makes sense..................

that makes sense. as far as holding them down...i've seen the scrunchy like bands being used but i was thinking a bobby pin would do best. any opinions?

Back