The itchies after salon visit

H

HoneyRockette

For the last few weeks I have been getting my hair done in the salon. I mean I don't style my hair at all at home. It is time for a touch up so I definately do not want to wash my own hair. Handling new growth is especially difficult at this length because it becomes so much more of a task just to style it. I found a good hairdresser in Harlem who only does short hair but she puts so much GUNK on my hair that it becomes itchy and slimy and extremely limp after only a few days. I asked her not to put as much stuff on it the week before last and my style barely lasted walking out the door. I usually don't put anything on my scalp because it is very oily. I tried Monoi oil, which is supposed to be very light, and Wanakee oil, but they made my hair more slimy and it made my scalp itch more. Is there anything I can put on my scalp that will make the itching stop without making it more slimy and limp?

ms_kenesha

When I had my short flip my hairstylist would pre dry my hair under the hooded dryer and then blow it out with a blow dryer and a paddle brush. She'd then rub a small amount of Design Essentials Herbal Complex through my hair and proceed to flip my hair. My hair held up well except under extreme humidity
I think your stylist is doing way too much and to the detriment of your hair.

Tracy

I'm not sure about stuff to put on your scalp honey rockette - but when my hair was short I used to wash it, condition it, rinse, put in a little more conditioner and a little bit of light gel (like L'Oreal No Frizz or something like that - something alcoholo free and light) and maybve a serum (yes - even then
) . Then I'd part it on the side and lay it back with a rat tail comb with medium spaced teeth and tie a satin/silk scarf on it. This gives you that gorgeous look Jada Pinkett sported when she was wearing her hair short and the best part is when it's done drying (which should take no more than a few hours after you take off the scarf) you can actually comb it down and it's silky straight (like the ponytail method with no ponytail) and if you want a style a large bumper will give you that Halle look. The edges are already laying and you always look tight.

Sometimes I miss short hair..... :p

This'll save you trips to the hairdresser for the normal "layed to the side approach" they take with short cuts. :O :p And some money too!

HTH

H

HoneyRockette

But I have new growth. It doesn't lay flat anymore.