The Kiss / The Banishment

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Has anyone seen this 2-part artwork or even heard of it? Please take a look, if interested. Would love to hear your thoughts..

THE KISS by Linda Anderson
fullsz_2004-178.jpg

THE BANISHMENT FROM THE GARDEN OF EDEN By Linda Anderson
fullsz_2004-179.jpg

You're seeing right; this artwork is in a museum in the South... at times, artistic interpretation can be offensive but this is really profound, to associate pureness with being white and sin to being black. smh. I can try to understand the concept..sinless, i.e., whiter than snow, etc... but we had a discussion about this and none is amused at the approach.

ETA: sorry if the pic is too large; I can't reduce it

the picture is fine for me, I looked at it last night

I saw a banishment to being black, having to toil and work hard work, I see shame, notice the white angels expose themselves but the black angels are covered, lack and poverty even ugliness, despair not even the ground or the animals would cooperate with him everything is dark and lifeless

sorry I didn't want to put all that in my first post

That's the first thing I noticed ........... the instant change from white to black.

This right here is where a picture speaks a million words.... :nono: Just by the sight of this the interpretation is clear as ice.

I feel 'injured' in my spirit right now. What a harsh blow to one's skin color... Mine.

Even the 'hair texture' is obviously 'changed'.... :nono:

The message is clear and the artist has revealed her 'sheets'...

i love art but this one is getting the side eye.....its so obvious that sin is deemed black...not only from the skin color and hair but even the facial features and the black crows smh Its hurtful but unfortunately its not surprising as I'm sure this is alot more ppls views then ppl would like to admit

Yep, Shimmie, and stephluv ... I've not seen her full gallery, but it's said this artist has painted both black and white Adam and Eve, sometimes as a mixed couple..he black, she white and vice-versa. I'd like to say that by painting both races as Adam and Eve, it's her attempt to portray them in an unbaised way but that ain't so, from what I've found so far. Nice try... it's a twisted perspective, IMHO. I'm looking for the mixed couple..'cause I'm now intrigued. lol Where's the loving black Adam and Eve...?

Here she says:

"I know in my secret heart that Adam and Eve must have been black, because of where they say the cradle of civilization began. But when I was a child and we were preached sermons on Adam and Eve, I never thought of them as being black. I always thought of them as being white and all smooth. But Barbie and Ken could not have survived out of the garden, let‟s face it. They had to have had some mettle to them." - etd.ohiolink.edu

She's apparently heavily influenced by ultrafeminist Frieda Kahlo... what you think about this rendition of a black Eve in the garden, as a 'warrior of the animals'... :look: or the Garden with black Adam and Eve - what's with the prehistoric black birds in the sky? I'm only discussing this, because this artist is lauded and her works are hung in galleries around the country.

lindandersonstormrisingovereden.jpg

LINDA_ANDERSONAdamAndEve.jpg

Besides the obvious contrast between white Adam and Eve and black Adam and Eve, did anyone else notice that white Eve is reaching for the fruit while she is kissing Adam? Could that mean WW are more sneaky/deceptive?

Yep, Shimmie, and stephluv ... I've not seen her full gallery, but it's said this artist has painted both black and white Adam and Eve, sometimes as a mixed couple..he black, she white and vice-versa. I'd like to say that by painting both races as Adam and Eve, it's her attempt to portray them in an unbaised way but that ain't so, from what I've found so far. Nice try... it's a twisted perspective, IMHO. I'm looking for the mixed couple..'cause I'm now intrigued. lol Where's the loving black Adam and Eve...?

Here she says:

She's apparently heavily influenced by ultrafeminist Frieda Kahlo... what you think about this rendition of a black Eve in the garden, as a 'warrior of the animals'... :look: or the Garden with black Adam and Eve - what's with the prehistoric black birds in the sky? I'm only discussing this, because this artist is lauded and her works are hung in galleries around the country.

lindandersonstormrisingovereden.jpg

LINDA_ANDERSONAdamAndEve.jpg

I notice how she has the Black Eve 'entangled' with the snake...it's a barrier between her and her husband, Adam... as if Eve is 'married' to the snake and not Adam.

God's Word is clear, after the 'Fall' in the Garden, the snake was immediately commanded to 'crawl' on his belly for the rest of his life. "The Seed of the Woman would bruise his head ....... Jesus."

'She states that she was always taught that Adam and Eve were White and she imagined them with smooth, white skin....

It appears that she is making a mockery of Adam and Eve being 'Black'.

what does she mean by that "all smooth"

are we (black people) rough and bumpy, lol (that's an insulted lol)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Healthy Hair.... Girl you have me in tears with the 'are we Black people rough and bumpy.... :rofl:

It's obvious that she is unaware that Black don't crack.... :lol:

And with all of the products that I've purchased since being here on LHCF, my skin will never see a crack for at least a 1000 years. :lol:

Yeah, it's interesting the seduction of Eve (Gen 3:15) can only be translated in the form of a black woman, laced with erotica. That speaks volumes. Frankly, the artist reminds me of the old Southern white 'christians' who would go to church on Sunday morning and rush to watch a lynching after service. That ilk is still around. The paintings aren't from the 1800s, they are relatively new and done a few years ago. But I'm not surprised at the paintings or the artist, but the apathy toward them in this day and age.

Iwanthealthyhair67, :lol: she made that clear when she gave the black angels hooves instead of feet. smh

I notice how she has the Black Eve 'entangled' with the snake...it's a barrier between her and her husband, Adam... as if Eve is 'married' to the snake and not Adam.

God's Word is clear, after the 'Fall' in the Garden, the snake was immediately commanded to 'crawl' on his belly for the rest of his life. "The Seed of the Woman would bruise his head ....... Jesus."

'She states that she was always taught that Adam and Eve were White and she imagined them with smooth, white skin....

It appears that she is making a mockery of Adam and Eve being 'Black'

Last edited:

Laela, in this image here: Look at the connection of her arms to her breasts. It's all 'ONE" line. Also, look how high her breasts are, literally up to her neck. And check this out: The connection of her arms and her breasts have the form and head of snakes. These are not normal breasts; they look like the head of a snake with eyes.

I'm trying not to be too graphic here, but it's interesting how this 'message' is being conveyed to present Black skin as sin and darkness....separation from God.

There even seems to be hints of bestiality here, that 'Black' Eve is sexually entwined with the snake and the animals. In all of the pictures of Eve, the snake is 'glued' to her anatomy.

In this image above, Adam is not in the picture, Eve is 'alone' only the animals; even the 'angels' are not present. In scripture it is the man (the husband) who 'covers' His wife's body, not an animal. The artist 'appears' to be stating that Black women do not have the 'covering' of a husband.

This 'artist' is definitely portraying a negative image of African Americans...she is stereotyping and in bigotry, big time.

You're on point Shimmie! Glad to know someone else sees this

I appreciate your posts and insight in this thread :grin:

Laela, in this image here: Look at the connection of her arms to her breasts. It's all 'ONE" line. Also, look how high her breasts are, literally up to her neck. And check this out: The connection of her arms and her breasts have the form and head of snakes. These are not normal breasts; they look like the head of a snake with eyes.

I'm trying not to be too graphic here, but it's interesting how this 'message' is being conveyed to present Black skin as sin and darkness....separation from God.

There even seems to be hints of bestiality here, that 'Black' Eve is sexually entwined with the snake and the animals. In all of the pictures of Eve, the snake is 'glued' to her anatomy.

In this image above, Adam is not in the picture, Eve is 'alone' only the animals; even the 'angels' are not present. In scripture it is the man (the husband) who 'covers' His wife's body, not an animal. The artist 'appears' to be stating that Black women do not have the 'covering' of a husband.

This 'artist' is definitely portraying a negative image of African Americans...she is stereotyping and in bigotry, big time.

I didn't look at the second pictures until I read Shimmie post a few minutes ago, that tiger clutching Eves leg is weird

Last edited:
I isn't look at the second pictures until I read Shimmie post a few minutes ago, that tiger clutching Eves leg is weird

Iwanthealthyhair67....

I know....right? That tiger is way too close and for what reason? And I truly do not like where he is positioned. :nono: That's not a nice view. :nono:

The way the tiger is holding her is saying he 'owns' her? And if you look at the position of her breasts, they are two snake heads 'surrounding her neck'. ....

Laela, thank you so much for letting me share. I'm only sharing what this 'appears' to be. That old saying that a picture speaks a thousand words, is surely true. This pictures are speaking many thousands. :nono:

Everything about this art is depicting biotry. Did she not read the Bible (Genesis 3:21) and realize that after the Fall, God 'killed' the first 'lamb' and of it's skin, He covered Adam and Eve...their nakedness.

The Bible is very clear in Genesis about the Fall of Adam and Eve... very clear.

Does she not realize that Adam and Eve were of 'Color' in the first place...before the Fall.

God created Adam from the earth...the earth is deep rich and brown. From the side of Adam was Eve created... deep rich and brown. The woman's art began in 'error' and continued in such.

Back