THE MANE CLIP: Pros and Cons?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
There's a member and I'm having a brainfart, I can't remember her name!!! :wallbash: I think it's Mt.AiryHoney. She has a fotki showing the differences between both the Mane Clip and the UPA Clip. The Mane Clip looks bulky and cumbersome. It's a barrette, and you have to go out, find some weave you like and wrap it around the inside of the barrette. The base looks bulky, like a phony pony

The UPA Clip is a clip with natural looking hair already attached to it. You can also change the barrettes. The UPA clip looks more natural, like you just have your own hair back in a clip. I have one, and love it! It's very fast and easy to use, and when I wore it, people didn't even know it wasn't mine! It's also really snug. I never had a fear that it was gonna fall off.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Yeah, her name was HAIRapy when she first joined, then she changed it. The thing is, when someone changes their name, their old posts still show their old names :yep:

I'm pretty sure it's Mt.AiryHoney or something similar. I can't believe I can't remember her name! That's my homegirl!

The pros:
Convenient
Fast
Easy
Cheap
Versatile-you can change your the weft of hair anytime without buying a whole new clip.
Good for lazy, rushed days, hiding your hair, baggying those ends, etc.

The cons:
Honestly, I don't see any cons. I know others have complained about the bulkiness, but it does not bother me any.

I've been wearing mine every day for almost a year now and I love it. This is great since I do not plan on wearing my hair out until I reach my next goal, which may be achieved in April or so of 2009. So The Mane Cli is my best friend, I love it!

kandake

The pros:
Convenient
Fast
Easy
Cheap
Versatile-you can change your the weft of hair anytime without buying a whole new clip.
Good for lazy, rushed days, hiding your hair, baggying those ends, etc.

The cons:
Honestly, I don't see any cons. I know others have complained about the bulkiness, but it does not bother me any.

I've been wearing mine every day for almost a year now and I love it. This is great since I do not plan on wearing my hair out until I reach my next goal, which may be achieved in April or so of 2009. So The Mane Cli is my best friend, I love it!

Hey,

Do you have any pics. of your mane clip styles. I would to see them if you have any available.

Last edited:
Hey,

Do you have any pics. of your man clip styles. I would to see them if you have any available.

No I don't, but I have been thinking of adding some to my Fotki. Since I don't have much to do tomorrow, I will post some pics and let you know when they are up. I'm telling you, this thing has been a life saver for me.

I think I might buy this , I have been wearing a little bun for two months, very old fashion , and I differently needs something I can work with , and a lot more attractive , until my hair grows to a nice length . wow this site is awesome , with all of this helpful information.

Attachments

• new 100.jpg
    new 100.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 41
  • new 102.jpg
    new 102.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 35
  • new 105.jpg
    new 105.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 39
  • new 107.jpg
    new 107.jpg