The mystery of the GODHEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netta1

okay so most would agree to the following:

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

Question: What title (if any) does the feminine nature of GOD have?

Have you considered God the Mother or God the sister?

What do you ladies think?

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

Are you implying that God indeed has a feminine nature? I would have to totally disagree with you on that. Could you elaborate on your view on this before i share what i think? TIA!

Are you implying that God indeed has a feminine nature? I would have to totally disagree with you on that. Could you elaborate on your view on this before i share what i think? TIA!

Sure, thanks for asking...

I am referring to the times within the bible (standard Christian bible) where GOD has a feminine image..

"Feminine Images of God

Isaiah 42:14. The prophet uses the simile of a woman in childbirth to describe God=s patient endurance of Israel's sin turning into an outcry: "Now I will cry out like a travailing woman." No other feminine imagery is used here.

Isaiah 49:14-21. In this passage God speaks of His faithful compassion for Israel using the analogy of a mother not forsaking her children. The point stresses that God has great compassion.

Hosea 11:1-4; 8-9. The prophet uses the human terminology to reflect the nature of God: "bands of love" and "compassion." But Hosea compares God to a husband, and the feminine image is for His people.

Proverbs. Wisdom literature uses personification to describe God in chapter 8. While wisdom is a central attribute of the LORD, it is not given hypostatic identity with God in the Old Testament, as in Egypt, for example, where wisdom becomes a goddess. In Proverbs 31 wisdom is personified as a woman because the word for wisdom, hokmah, is a feminine noun.[29] (In Proverbs, nebalah, "folly," is also a feminine noun, personified in the wayward women of chapters 5-7).

Matthew 23:37 (Luke 13:34-35). Jesus compares himself to a mother hen who would have gathered the people under her wings. It may be that the background of this image is Zion, the Queen City, and that Jesus is contrasting the failure of the leaders to help the people with his own zeal for them."

As one whom his mother comforts, so I (God) will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
Isaiah 66:13

....This was taken off the web and it may not mean anything...but it is interesting...

Last edited:
God the mother and God the sister?

No, no, no.:nono:

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit YES and they are ONE and the SAME! Hallelujah!

The bible does NOT talk about God being or having a feminine side. That info you found is not a representation of God at all:nono:

1st bolded
I agree, I understand Spirit/father/Son that they are all one in the same...

2nd bolded
How come its not a representation..please explain, I did cite the word...so what is your understanding of this?

Last edited:
You put scripture there, but each word after it wasn't scripture..it was from someone giving "their" view as to what they believe the scripture meant.

True there were opinions within that post ALONG with scriptures....
These are some of the scriptures taken from the post ABOVE Isaiah 42:14, 49:14-21, Isaiah 66:13, Hosea 11:1-4,8-9-you can read them without the commentary and then let me know what you think, if you like.

My understanding is that God doesn't need to have a feminine side...He is God all by Himself!.[/b]

I agree that God does not have to anything if he doesn't want to, we all know by now that he is God all by himself...but what does that have to with the subject?

I'm not going to get into the semantics of this type of doctrine. I'm done in this thread, so have a good night.:yep:

I understand, attemping to think outside of the box IS difficult..but its just a discussion...:yep:

Last edited:
I said I wasn't going to come back in here, but just for this statement alone (bolded)...

Glad to see you back...

I've been saved almost 25 years. I'm 45 years old.

Thats great..but how long you've been saved has nothing to do with the subject..

[I totally understand the 'semantics' of a topic like this.

Well, I am not trying to assume anything I am just asking for others views..

[For you and for anyone else who may think that this type of thing is "too difficult for me", chile please

..Please don't get offended by the word difficult, it was not meant to offend. But you and I both know that new concepts (not saying this in one) are difficult...GOD is always revealing..and I am always asking questions...

This topic has NO SUBSTANCE in it and so therefore,

Well, thats not very nice but that is your opinion; the topic may have "substance" for someone and apparently it had enough "substance" for you to post several times.

I refuse to throw my pearls before anything that is unclean.

The point of discussion has nothing to do with Matthew 7:6...but I understand this is religious talk "misquoted scriptures.." that have nothing to do with a "hill of beans"

If you choose to enlighten yourself with this type of teaching, by all means do so,

I am not trying to enlighten anyone, I never said I agreed with the concept. I am not asking you to receive anything...

but I'm not going to receive it cause its not of God and I would hope and pray that those who maybe young in Christ or don't know Him yet, won't receive it either...in the name of Jesus!!!

How do you know this isn't of GOD?, I would hope that the young and old in Christ will study to show themselves approved and not take anyones word at face value.

Call me what you want...talk about me..it's ok. People talk about me all the time in english, spanish and probably in tongues...I don't care, doesn't make a difference to me...I'm still going to do what God wants me to do and say, whether you like it or not.

I am not calling you anything, its going to be alright. I hope that you are doing what God wants you to do...my likes and dislikes have not been brought up in this discussion, so why did you bring that up?

[Now, I'm really done here. Goodnight.

Great, next time you come back bring me something valid

Last edited:
I don't know if I like the question or the thought that God has a feminine side. While it might make sense in some aspects, as women are known for 'creating' in their wombs, this is also a gift that was bestowed on us by God. HE is the original creator.

This is how I view it, you know how some families get divorced and the father ends up getting custody of the children? Well God is like that father He fulfills all of our needs, so we don't need a 'mother' aspect in our relationship with Him. He is supposed to be our all so I know there isn't a need for a feminine aspect to God.

I think it's only pagan religions that subscribe to that doctrine, but that's just my humble opinion :yep:

God gives us His titles in the Scriptures, none of which explicitly indicate femininity. Being that we are all made in His image, certain qualities of God's character do appear greater in one sex than the other. This is due to what strengths He chose to give male and female, so that we compliment each other.

However, in the verses mentioned, the feminine imagery is used so that we can have a greater understanding of His love for us. He condescends to us in His Word, so that we may understand Him better. It is language He uses to communicate to us, so that our minds can comprehend. He puts it in terms that are clearer to us. Really and truly however, we must understand that God is not limited to our understanding of male and female (or masculinity and femininity). It's not that thinking outside the box is always a negative thing. I do believe that there is so much that we do not know about God. Many things we will learn in heaven, but then other things we will likely never fully know. That's why He is God. So how He has chosen to express Himself to us through the Scriptures must be sufficient...

God bless!

Last edited:
God Says: "I am".
So God is.
He is my Father in heven.
Jesus says in Mat 6 : 9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name....

Amen.
Zanna

Last edited:

I know that in our own culture...part of G-d's providence takes the form of the Mother, the Earth. It's interrelated and we honor the earth as the provider and sustainer of life...but realizing the earth is not G-d, but made from G-d...takes care of us like G-d and we should honor and respect to protect her. Here's something from the Nazarene Essenes on the Shekinah, in Hebrew, Essenic study:

http://www.thenazareneway.com/feminine_god.htm

"The word Shekhina, in Hebrew, is derived from the Biblical verb shakhan, meaning "the act of dwelling" but taking the feminine form. Therefore, at the beginning of the Talmudic era, the word Shekhina meant the earthly aspect of God that dwelt among people and could be apprehended by the senses."

The rest of this article is great. Anybody who has time to read it...not long.... But you have to read it all because it might raise some eyebrows for those who have never heard it before. All I can say is that G-d often uses that which is common to us, turns it around to His truth...He utilizes something easy for us to comprehend in the cultural way we are used to...

Excerpt:
Judaism and Christianity are both monotheistic religions, strongly connected to a patriarchal God - Yahweh. However, it may surprise many to discover that a goddess was associated with Judaism from its conception, and continued to play an important part, in various forms, to the present. The goddess is best known as Shekhina, a Talmudic term describing the manifestation of God's presence on earth.
The Shekinah is held by many to represent the feminine attributes of the presence of God (shekhinah being a feminine word in Hebrew), based especially on readings of the Talmud and the Kabbalah. The word 'Matronit' is also employed to represent this usage. Comparative Religionists suggest a comparison to shakti, the female energy of Hindu gods, and to the Christian concept of the Holy Spirit.

While the Bible does not mention the name Shekhina, she is nevertheless bound to extremely old traditions, and closely relates to the ancient goddesses. Particularly significant is the Canaanite goddess Ashera who, at the beginning of the Israelites' settlement in the land of Canaan, was often referred to as Yahweh's Consort.

The literature also calls her the "Holy Spirit" which, in Hebrew, is also a feminine form. The feminine nature of the Shekhina is so easy to establish in Hebrew, because the gender of the subject plays an important role in the sentence structure......."

"

Last edited:
You know, it's been a while since I've thought about this....

The last time I actually took the time to think and research this topic, I came to the conclusion that the Holy Spirit represented a feminine element. Not nessesarity a woman, but an female "essence."

I see things as the Father is God, the creator and maker of all things. The Holy Spirit is a spiritual connection to Him and Jesus is His son. I take them all as one with three distinct roles which can't really be seperated. This is starting to confuse even me so I think i'll leave it be.

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't thought about it in a while...:ohwell:

Peace and blessings

Sure, thanks for asking...

I am referring to the times within the bible (standard Christian bible) where GOD has a feminine image..

"Feminine Images of God

Isaiah 42:14. The prophet uses the simile of a woman in childbirth to describe God=s patient endurance of Israel's sin turning into an outcry: "Now I will cry out like a travailing woman." No other feminine imagery is used here.

Isaiah 49:14-21. In this passage God speaks of His faithful compassion for Israel using the analogy of a mother not forsaking her children. The point stresses that God has great compassion.

Hosea 11:1-4; 8-9. The prophet uses the human terminology to reflect the nature of God: "bands of love" and "compassion." But Hosea compares God to a husband, and the feminine image is for His people.

Proverbs. Wisdom literature uses personification to describe God in chapter 8. While wisdom is a central attribute of the LORD, it is not given hypostatic identity with God in the Old Testament, as in Egypt, for example, where wisdom becomes a goddess. In Proverbs 31 wisdom is personified as a woman because the word for wisdom, hokmah, is a feminine noun.[29] (In Proverbs, nebalah, "folly," is also a feminine noun, personified in the wayward women of chapters 5-7).

Matthew 23:37 (Luke 13:34-35). Jesus compares himself to a mother hen who would have gathered the people under her wings. It may be that the background of this image is Zion, the Queen City, and that Jesus is contrasting the failure of the leaders to help the people with his own zeal for them."

As one whom his mother comforts, so I (God) will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
Isaiah 66:13

....This was taken off the web and it may not mean anything...but it is interesting...

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Be careful; please be very careful. You're distorting the word of God. For whatever reason, only God knows. None of this is scripturally sound.

It's one thing to be curious about something, but totally another to push something so totally wrong to be right.

It is my sincere and earnest prayer that He brings out the truth and the motives and exposes the will and the intent of why this was presented.

I don't know if I like the question or the thought that God has a feminine side. While it might make sense in some aspects, as women are known for 'creating' in their wombs, this is also a gift that was bestowed on us by God. HE is the original creator.

This is how I view it, you know how some families get divorced and the father ends up getting custody of the children? Well God is like that father He fulfills all of our needs, so we don't need a 'mother' aspect in our relationship with Him. He is supposed to be our all so I know there isn't a need for a feminine aspect to God.

I think it's only pagan religions that subscribe to that doctrine, but that's just my humble opinion :yep:

Thank you for your viewpoint Lamravilla!

God gives us His titles in the Scriptures, none of which explicitly indicate femininity. Being that we are all made in His image, certain qualities of God's character do appear greater in one sex than the other. This is due to what strengths He chose to give male and female, so that we compliment each other.

However, in the verses mentioned, the feminine imagery is used so that we can have a greater understanding of His love for us.He condescends to us in His Word, so that we may understand Him better. It is language He uses to communicate to us, so that our minds can comprehend. He puts it in terms that are clearer to us. Really and truly however, we must understand that God is not limited to our understanding of male and female (or masculinity and femininity). It's not that thinking outside the box is always a negative thing. I do believe that there is so much that we do not know about God. Many things we will learn in heaven, but then other things we will likely never fully know. That's why He is God. So how He has chosen to express Himself to us through the Scriptures must be sufficient...

God bless!

ITA with the bolded, what a great post, thank you for your perspective!

I know that in our own culture...part of G-d's providence takes the form of the Mother, the Earth. It's interrelated and we honor the earth as the provider and sustainer of life...but realizing the earth is not G-d, but made from G-d...takes care of us like G-d and we should honor and respect to protect her. Here's something from the Nazarene Essenes on the Shekinah, in Hebrew, Essenic study:

http://www.thenazareneway.com/feminine_god.htm

"The word Shekhina, in Hebrew, is derived from the Biblical verb shakhan, meaning "the act of dwelling" but taking the feminine form. Therefore, at the beginning of the Talmudic era, the word Shekhina meant the earthly aspect of God that dwelt among people and could be apprehended by the senses." "

ENJOYED your entire post! I too have looked in the concept of feminine word Shekniah. Today I had a conversation with my Mother in law about these concepts. We spoke about the returning of the bridegroom, and the preparation of the church becoming a BRIDE. We also discussed the concept of Mother Earth as well as the scriptures with the LOST BOOKS. I know most Christians get "weirded out" by conversations like this..but it is a part of my study and research. Thanks for your post..I knew you were different :kiss:

You know, it's been a while since I've thought about this....

The last time I actually took the time to think and research this topic, I came to the conclusion that the Holy Spirit represented a feminine element. Not nessesarity a woman, but an female "essence."

I see things as the Father is God, the creator and maker of all things. The Holy Spirit is a spiritual connection to Him and Jesus is His son. I take them all as one with three distinct roles which can't really be seperated. This is starting to confuse even me so I think i'll leave it be.

Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't thought about it in a while...:ohwell:

Peace and blessings

Thanks for you post goldie!

:nono: :nono: :nono:
Be careful; please be very careful. You're distorting the word of God.

How am I distorting the WORD? The WORD is vast. I have not added to the WORD? PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

:For whatever reason, only God knows. None of this is scripturally sound.

My reason for posting the question is to get others thoughts on the subject mattter?? You would know too if you took the time to actually read on original post.

:None of this is scripturally sound.

If it is not scripturally sound where on earth did I get these scriptures from? Whats not scriptually sound is NOT STUDYING THE WORD and the VASTNESS OF GOD.

:It's one thing to be curious about something, but totally another to push something so totally wrong to be right.

I am not pushing anything??? You really need to GO BACK AND RE-READ MY POST.

:It is my sincere and earnest prayer that He brings out the truth and the motives and exposes the will and the intent of why this was presented.

I am afraid that the only thing that has been revealed is your SPIRIT. MY WORD says STUDY. You lack discernment if you are assuming that I have any "motives" in bringing up a subject matter. If you can't handle it then just say that, but don't assume that I have "motives" That is a LIE and you KNOW that the SPIRIT of the Living GOD is not in it..so stop attempting to control minds on THIS board and in THIS THREAD. That is witchcraft!

My GOD trumps your religion....

Last edited:
How am I distorting the WORD? The WORD is vast. I have not added to the WORD? PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

My reason for posting the question is to get others thoughts on the subject mattter?? You would know too if you took the time to actually read on original post.

If it is not scripturally sound where on earth did I get these scriptures from? Whats not scriptually sound is NOT STUDYING THE WORD and the VASTNESS OF GOD.

I am not pushing anything??? You really need to GO BACK AND RE-READ MY POST.

I am afraid that the only thing that has been revealed is your SPIRIT. MY WORD says STUDY. You lack discernment if you are assuming that I have any "motives" in bringing up a subject matter. If you can't handle it then just say that, but don't assume that I have "motives" That is a LIE and you KNOW that the SPIRIT of the Living GOD is not in it..so stop attempting to control minds on THIS board and in THIS THREAD. That is witchcraft!

My GOD trumps your religion....
You're looking for your God to be a 'woman', My God is the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of Kings the Lord of all Lords and the Redeemer of my soul. He's not religion, He's God. I honor Him for all that He is and for all that He has done for me who never deserved His grace and mercy.

As I said, I'm asking God to intervene and to reveal the full intent and purpose of this thread topic. There are innocent souls who may take it to heart and be confused about God's Sovereinty. Your God may be a woman, but the Lord God All Mighty is not. In all of creation, a woman, God is not nor will He ever be.

Please be careful with the term witchcraft and don't ever apply that to me again. You have to 'know' what it is before you can apply it to anyone or anything.

Again, I'm asking God to reveal the intent of this thread topic. You shouldn't have anything to worry about if your purpose was sincere.

Please don't discredit God ever again by even suggesting that He is a woman. If you know Him, you'd never have to ask or be upset because he isn't. He's forever God. :Rose:

Last edited:
Netta1, this is an interesting topic, years ago I found a scripture and for the life of me I can't find it now. but we are to be all things to all people (as christians) so that we can relate to others needs. Not to embrace sin, I am not saying that but to try to be all things to all people. that comes for God. Who is in all and is all. Of course he created us as woman and he gave us this softness, the warmth of comfort of a mother, the sexyness and compassion of a wife. We woman are so special to God. We hold a creation within our bodies. How amazing is that. He choosed us woman, because he knew we would have greater strength and greater endurance internally then many many men. He gave us the compassion and loving nature, We are mothers not only to our children but to other children and grown people. I am 44 and at times I wish I had a mother to hug and give me comfort when I am struggling so. There are many woman like that my mother isn't one of them but I am trying to be this way towards other people. God designed us this way to reflect his love. God is so awesome and so amazing because he can meet our every need there is no limit to what God understands. I would not say God is feminine, I would not say God is manly either. He is our God I don't think our minds can truly figure out exacty or put into words one term for God other then he is our God. Our creator who can understand us more then He.

Ladies, can we take a step back?

Please let's remember that just because a particular topic may not be in line with our own personal beliefs, doesn't mean that it is done in the wrong spirit.

Just think...what if this individual was new to Christianity and is asking because in her old faith her god had female avatar? The harsher reactions might discourage her because she is only attempting to learn.

What if she is just asking the question and means no harm?

Honestly, some of the reactions to this thread seem too harsh. The OP is not attacking with her post, but this is a question that she chose to pose. In all things, we should attempt to be kind, even when we are sharing a differing opinion. It's sometimes a struggle for me, as surely some of you have seen. But it's something that we should all try to do, especially when we are sharing our Christian faith. I'm sure Lord has something to teach all of us through this very question...

Hope you all have a blessed day! :bighug:

Please let's remember that just because a particular topic may not be in line with your own personal beliefs beliefs, doesn't mean that it is done in the wrong spirit.

Just think...what if this individual was new to Christianity and is asking because in her old faith her god had female avatar? The harsher reactions might discourage her because she is only attempting to learn.

Honestly, some of the reactions to this thread seem too harsh. The OP is not attacking with her post, but this is a question that she chose to pose. In all things, we should attempt to be kind, even when we are sharing a differing opinion. It's sometimes a struggle for me, as surely some of you have seen. But it's something that we should all try to do, especially when we are sharing our Christian faith. I'm sure Lord has something to teach all of us through this very question...

Sorry to hijack your thread Netta, but I am glad that another person has expressed this sentiment in yet another thread. I don't understand all the hostility that has emerged in the past week or two in CF, but it isn't right, and it's resulting in a lot of hurt feelings, and people being turned away, and people being discouraged from sharing and learning. Things cannot stay the same forever, and the CF is one of those things. I think as more questions are being asked and more thoughts are being introduced it is a testament that the Christian Forum is growing and gaining more members, which I think is wonderful. Different personalities are bound to clash every once and again, but I am sure we can learn to stop taking general comments and views as a personal insult and not constantly be on a 'witch hunt'.

Have a wonderful day ladies, be blessed...

:grouphug:

1Ti 6:3-5
(3) If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
(4) He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
(5) Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom 1:16-25
(16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
(23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Col 2:6-15
(6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
(7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
(8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
(11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
(12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
(13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
(14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
(15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Last edited:
While I do believe that one should be careful in their interpretation of scripture, I also am confronted with Genesis 1. I don't think that God has distinctly male or female attributes, what I believe is that He is ALL. He has the attributes that WE consider male or female. It is not laid out in His Word (from what I've read) as to what He considers male/female. He has attributes of BOTH. The way that He chooses to show Himself is 'I AM'. This simply means that He is whatever He needs to be at a given moment--whether that attribute is male or female in nature (as define by human beings).

Scripture states that He made male and female in his image.

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Just my thoughts. :)

1Ti 3:16
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The bible doesnt give a stand on that issue so I dont have one. The doesnt mean there isnt a good answer for this, it just means Jesus didnt see it as something we needed to know right now.

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

I am a believer in the God-head 3 in 1!
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit

Have I considered God in the feminine aspects - no.

You're looking for your God to be a 'woman', My God is the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of Kings the Lord of all Lords and the Redeemer of my soul. He's not religion, He's God. I honor Him for all that He is and for all that He has done for me who never deserved His grace and mercy.

As I said, I'm asking God to intervene and to reveal the full intent and purpose of this thread topic. There are innocent souls who may take it to heart and be confused about God's Sovereinty. Your God may be a woman, but the Lord God All Mighty is not. In all of creation, a woman, God is not nor will He ever be.

Please be careful with the term witchcraft and don't ever apply that to me again. You have to 'know' what it is before you can apply it to anyone or anything.

Again, I'm asking God to reveal the intent of this thread topic. You shouldn't have anything to worry about if your purpose was sincere.

Please don't discredit God ever again by even suggesting that He is a woman. If you know Him, you'd never have to ask or be upset because he isn't. He's forever God. :Rose:

You have a hard time both reading and descerning. I did not once say that my GOD was a women RE-READ, God is a Sprit according to his word. The discussion is about character/nature/qualities. I asked a question, nothing more so STOP dreaming up things. I am not going to take time away from this thread because you don't want to take the time to actually READ my post. If you are still lost then PM me. I am not starting a revolution, if you read much you would discern that. Your rebuke was made public and that is all I will say about that, it is what is.

Netta1, this is an interesting topic, years ago I found a scripture and for the life of me I can't find it now. but we are to be all things to all people (as christians) so that we can relate to others needs. Not to embrace sin, I am not saying that but to try to be all things to all people. that comes for God. Who is in all and is all. Of course he created us as woman and he gave us this softness, the warmth of comfort of a mother, the sexyness and compassion of a wife. We woman are so special to God. We hold a creation within our bodies. How amazing is that. He choosed us woman, because he knew we would have greater strength and greater endurance internally then many many men. He gave us the compassion and loving nature, We are mothers not only to our children but to other children and grown people. I am 44 and at times I wish I had a mother to hug and give me comfort when I am struggling so. There are many woman like that my mother isn't one of them but I am trying to be this way towards other people. God designed us this way to reflect his love. God is so awesome and so amazing because he can meet our every need there is no limit to what God understands. I would not say God is feminine, I would not say God is manly either. He is our God I don't think our minds can truly figure out exacty or put into words one term for God other then he is our God. Our creator who can understand us more then He.

Good post, I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Please let's remember that just because a particular topic may not be in line with our own personal beliefs, doesn't mean that it is done in the wrong spirit.

Yep I am just asking a question, tis all. Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hijack your thread Netta, but I am glad that another person has expressed this sentiment in yet another thread. I don't understand all the hostility that has emerged in the past week or two in CF, but it isn't right, and it's resulting in a lot of hurt feelings, and people being turned away, and people being discouraged from sharing and learning. Things cannot stay the same forever, and the CF is one of those things. I think as more questions are being asked and more thoughts are being introduced it is a testament that the Christian Forum is growing and gaining more members, which I think is wonderful. Different personalities are bound to clash every once and again, but I am sure we can learn to stop taking general comments and views as a personal insult and not constantly be on a 'witch hunt'.

Have a wonderful day ladies, be blessed...

:grouphug:

AMEN, AMEN and AMEN. Great post!

Last edited:
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom 1:16-25
(16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
(17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
(22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
(23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
(25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Col 2:6-15
(6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
(7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
(8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
(11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
(12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
(13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
(14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
(15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Thank you for these scriptures!

YAH is ALL. Masculine and feminine. IMO

Thanks for sharing!

The bible doesnt give a stand on that issue so I dont have one. The doesnt mean there isnt a good answer for this, it just means Jesus didnt see it as something we needed to know right now.

Interesting thought, thanks for sharing!

1Ti 3:16
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

WOW, great scripture. NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back