The New Wave Nouveau

chica

Has anyone seen the print ads for the "new" Wave Nouveau? It is supposed to allow women to wear their hair curly, wavy or straight. It seems like a lot of new systems are being developed or re-packaged because women seem now to be wanting a lot of flexibility in their styling options. For years, a straight relaxer was the standard. Then around the late 90s, more women became natural. Now it seems like most women - those who went natural and those who relax - are looking for a compromise, or a middle ground, in which they can opt for a straight look or a more natural one.

I don't blame them. I am in that camp, too. Has anyone tried any of these new systems, be it the Wave Nouveau, the Mizani Silkening System or any others?

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
My sister had a wave nouveau, the original when it first came on to the market. As far as the processing it seemed to be nothing more than a modified J-curl IMO (at the time). Whether it was simply her hair texture or the process itself she never had much curl (it looked more like air dried relaxed hair) when she attempted to wear it curly. When she tried to go from curly to straight and started getting a lot of breakage the stylist told her she was trying to manipulate her hair too much. LOL.