The Ponytail Method is the BOMB!!!!!!

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I have been using the ponytail method for about a month now and my ends are definately getting better. I do not see any split ends at all and my hair stays moisturized. Because I have so much new growth I have been putting my hair in a bun while it is wet. This is a real keeper. All of the you that informed me of this method THANK YOU!!!!!

i love this method as well. it also smmoths my new growth. the one time i did'nt do it(my lame attempt at a braid out). the regrowth was wild.

What's the ponytail method??!!? Please post the procedure...I would like to try it!
smile.gif

The ponytail method is when you allow the hair to air dry in a ponytail instead of leaving it loose. It really does help straigthen the new growth.

[ QUOTE ]
tishee said:
where can I find dsd's album? still new to the site. TIA

Tishee

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at some of her posts. Her username is dontspeakdefeat.

What if your hair takes a while to dry? I have really thick hair and if I put it in a ponytail, it takes more than a day to dry, where it is bunched up. Is there some modified ponytail method, to dry my hair? Or is it okay that is doesn't dry and stays moist?

At night, I just twist my ponytail all the way down to the tip and then wrap the hair up and around (circular motion) in a loose but firm bun, put a loose scrunchie to hold in place and then cover with my satin scarf...I can barely tell it's there.

[ QUOTE ]
lthomas1 said:
The ponytail method is when you allow the hair to air dry in a ponytail instead of leaving it loose. It really does help straigthen the new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

i DIDNT KNOW THAT THIS WAS A METHOD... THAT IS HOW i DRY MYHAIR MOST OF THE TIME.

Has anyone experienced thinning of the hair line with this method? I heard constant combing or brushing in that area causes thinning?

no i haven't experienced any breakage and i've been doing this method for over 2 years. i use satin scrunchies, pillow case and scarf. i don't use a comb or brush to put my hair in a pony tail. i just use my hands to sweep it up in a loose pony tail, wrap the hair in a loose ball then place another scrunchie on top to secure. then complete with the satin scarf.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
i don't use a comb or brush to put my hair in a pony tail. i just use my hands to sweep it up in a loose pony tail, wrap the hair in a loose ball then place another scrunchie on top to secure. then complete with the satin scarf.

[/ QUOTE ]

No combing at all?!?! What if u want your ponytail to at least look nice??? My hair doesn't look right if I airdry it all swept together into a ponytail...is it okay to comb it into a ponytail???
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
i don't use a comb or brush to put my hair in a pony tail. i just use my hands to sweep it up in a loose pony tail, wrap the hair in a loose ball then place another scrunchie on top to secure. then complete with the satin scarf.

[/ QUOTE ]

No combing at all?!?! What if u want your ponytail to at least look nice??? My hair doesn't look right if I airdry it all swept together into a ponytail...is it okay to comb it into a ponytail???
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I used a comb (when I had hair
laugh.gif
) about one time all the way around. Usually after I got one good comb in, I smoothed the rest of my hair with my hands instead of continuous combing
smile.gif

OOPS, SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION. I MAY HAVE MISSED SOMETHING IN THE OTHER REPLIES. I DO THIS METHOD HAS A NIGHTLY ROUTINE. I DON'T USE THE PONYTAIL METHOD FOR AIR DRYING. ONLY FOR KEEPING MY HAIR PROTECTED FROM PULLING ETC. MY HAIR IS BRA STRAP AND TENDS TO GET TANGLED AT NIGHT. I DON'T LIKE THE WRAP METHOD BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THE WAY ONE SIDE OF MY HAIR GETS MATTED TO MY HEAD. I SIMPLY LOVE THE PONY TAIL METHOD FOR NIGHT AND SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY. BUT I STILL DON'T COMB OR BRUSH IT. I JUST USE MY FINGERS TO COMB IT UP. MY HAIR TYPE IS A 4A (I THINK.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
OOPS, SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION. I MAY HAVE MISSED SOMETHING IN THE OTHER REPLIES. I DO THIS METHOD HAS A NIGHTLY ROUTINE. I DON'T USE THE PONYTAIL METHOD FOR AIR DRYING. ONLY FOR KEEPING MY HAIR PROTECTED FROM PULLING ETC. MY HAIR IS BRA STRAP AND TENDS TO GET TANGLED AT NIGHT. I DON'T LIKE THE WRAP METHOD BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THE WAY ONE SIDE OF MY HAIR GETS MATTED TO MY HEAD. I SIMPLY LOVE THE PONY TAIL METHOD FOR NIGHT AND SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY. BUT I STILL DON'T COMB OR BRUSH IT. I JUST USE MY FINGERS TO COMB IT UP. MY HAIR TYPE IS A 4A (I THINK.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooo.gif
Ohhh okay! Your comment makes more sense since u only do it at night
wink.gif
drunk.gif
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Has anyone experienced thinning of the hair line with this method? I heard constant combing or brushing in that area causes thinning?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Constant" combing/brushing is not necessary to put my hair in a ponytail. As someone mentioned earlier, one sweep of the comb all the way around is sufficient.
smile.gif
I definitely have not experienced thinning...my hair is pretty thick all over.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Kitchen_tician (I like your screen name, lol)

You might want to turn the caps lock off, it can be a little difficult to read your message when it's all in caps. Also, some people feel that all caps denotes YELLING or SCREAMING. See how it can get a little confusing? LOL...

[ QUOTE ]
lthomas1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still working on this method which I first learned from Carolyn Gray in her book. Yes, it helps straighten the new growth but my ponytail part can really get bushy as it dries. Do you make one ponytail or two? Or does it matter? I apply my usual oils after my leave-in. Am I missing something important?
I've successfully done the ponytail rollerset method but the regular ponytail airdrying method is still challenging for me.

Back