The transition is over I relaxed again.

I know it might seem like I made the journey for nothing but I went back to relaxing over the weekend. After about a year and a half of transitioning I relaxed with the Phyto relaxer. I just kept finding that with my hair being so thick and curly (which was nice) it just took a lot for me to handle. Maybe I'll try agian in the future. Thanks for everyone who gave me support a long the way.

so1913

Ar010 said:
I know it might seem like I made the journey for nothing but I went back to relaxing over the weekend. After about a year and a half of transitioning I relaxed with the Phyto relaxer. I just kept finding that with my hair being so thick and curly (which was nice) it just took a lot for me to handle. Maybe I'll try agian in the future. Thanks for everyone who gave me support a long the way.

Oh wow...well, good luck on your new journey!

secretdiamond

All that matters is that you're happy with the decision you made. So congrats! :) If not, you can always transition again. HHG!

beyondcute

Wow! You transistioned fro over a year and a half! I hope the relaxer was worth it. So how you like it? Can we get some pics? (I know your length is crazy!)

I absolutely love the Phyto relaxer! My hair is so soft and has so much body. I was kind of afraid that my curls wouldn't take to it because I kept reading post about others who experienced reversion right away. I only chopped a little at a time during the transition and by the end it was a lot longer than I expected due to all the shrinkage. My stylist was amazed too. I've been wanting to get this really cute haircut for a while that I saw in the Feb 2005 issue of SBH (its on page 82, picture #65 if anyone has it) I did chop off quite a bit of hair though after I relaxed it. I went from brastrap length to just a little below collar bone length! If I ever get around to getting a scanner and taking pictures of my new haircut I'll try to post some soon.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I'm glad it came out well for you. I've been toying with the idea of relaxing again, but I keep changing my mind.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Congrats on your decision. Does your hair still curl when you wet it? I've read posts that say Phyto didn't take to their hair. Just curious.:D