The truth about shea butter

silenttullip

yes it's that way cause it's genuine you can always mix a tiny bit with your favorite lotion or leave in to get benefits without greasiness

Hmm this is disconcerting considering I perfer the yellow one to the off white. I find the off white to greasy. Drats!

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Maybe that's why my hair acted up...because I wasn't using the best. Maybe I should try, try again...

Now that I think back, that really yellow butter STANK after a while...I mean so bad that I recoiled after smelling of it. Went straight through my nostrils and gave me a headache!

grownupnai

Thanks OP. I thought the yellow shea butter just contained palm oil. Palm oil is also used in a lot of traditional West African foods. What's good for the insides should be good for the outsides, right? I dislike the info about heavy metals. I want to patronize the brothers and sisters in the African shops, but this info has me worried. What to do? I also live in Europe. I was going to pick some shea butter up after work. It's freezing in Berlin and I'm struggling to keep the ash away :(

HautePinkHeels

CurlyMoo said:
Hmm this is disconcerting considering I perfer the yellow one to the off white. I find the off white to greasy. Drats!

I feel the same way... The yellow butter has never given me any problems, so I'm not against it, but I am interested in trying the real shea butter to see the difference(s).

I watched a video on YouTube that documented how the yellow she butter was really called Kpangnan (sp?) butter and it was made from trees that grew in the swamps versus trees that grew in a dry landscape (shea butter, and I might have those mixed up). The lady was saying that although shea butter is superior in moisture and fat content, both butters were nourishing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

D.Lisha

Thanks for the info OP. As most of the other posters stated, I thought the yellow shea butter was more potent than the off-colored. I'm currently using the off-colored butter, and I have no complaints so far. Guess I have't used it long enough to see if I could tell a drastic different from the yellow butter I was using previously.