There are 16 different types of split ends!

faithVA

When I had my komaza analysis I was told that my split ends were caused by my hairs dryness and I needed to moisturize daily.

But I have also had splits due to wearing puffs and the band pulling on my hair. And I have had splits caused my heat damage.

OhTall1

Someone here used to post this picture all the time about the different types of split ends.

Aggie

Someone here used to post this picture all the time about the different types of split ends.

I think I have all of these right now:giggle:. I don't mean to laugh, but if I don'tlaugh, I'll cry like a baby - so I choose to laugh:yep:. I've sort of given up on my hair some, I just take one day at a time now. If it grows healthy, fine, if not, then I've come to terms with that as well.

I'm having too much fun with my skin care regimen at the moment to care too much about my hair. I can always just keep cutting the splits off if I keep getting them. Healthy shoulder length hair still looks good on me.

lushlady

Thank you so much for this info. I haven't had a cut or trim in 8 months. I have baby splits, incomplete splits, and offshoots, so I'm curious about what she says in the video about those.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have a few babies and knots. I cut out the knots when I find them and I get less now because I keep my hair stretched 24/7

melahnee

:barf: I hate damage soo much. I flat ironed my hair like a week 1/2 ago for the first time since august and I went on a serious s&d mission.
Lol I have so many knots (fine hair :( ), I also have some incompletes and some baby splits. Every single one I see, I will CUT!! lol!

I'm super -OVER- hanging on to thin ends (not to mention them also being my longest layers so they look extra thin :wallbash: ) that are going to get worse, infect other hair, and break off anyway. I have been sitting at bsl/mbl for months now, but it keeps looking better and at least my layers are catching up real nice and my hair is thickening up. My extra-fine haired cousin asked me how I got my hair to thicken up and I told her, it didn't really thicken up, I just cut out the thinness :blush: her face was like :ohwell:

Babygrowth

I have crinkles! My hair grows so slow I bet its that overprocessed hair from a relaxer last year. Its only on certain sides and areas. Pain in the arse! I never had these problems when I went to a salon regularly.