They thought my hair was weave!

Lei*Lei

The other day i was sitting in the hospital with a couple of my inlaws waiting for visiting hours (my mil was in the hospital), i hadn't done my usual flat twist and phony bun since i was pressed for time so i did a wash and go and and put it in a semi bun. I have been natural fo almost a year and am pretty please hair.
So, i'm sitting there with a couple other people and my 8 year old brother in law comes and stretched a clump of my hair and says (pretty loudly!) "wigsy head":lachen: so i had to ask him again, and again he said "you got a wigsy head, this is a wig' and touches my hair again!! By now everyone is looking my way. I laughed and told him it wasn't but he still didn't believe me.

Same thing yesterday, I did a wash and go and the later on put my hair in a low puff and a low puff. This time my sister in law asked if i was trying something new with my hair (she knows its my hair), my 16 year old brother in law turned and asked ''that isn't weave?'' He thought it was a weave since my hair seemed so short a few months ago, he thought it had to be a weave. Then he went on to tease the sister about her hair:lachen:
I keep telling her to join! But she doesn't listen.

I know it's because of all the things i learned here that has my hair growing great and healthy.

Mrs.Fitness

Kids are so funny. This wont get any better. The longer it gets the more people will assume you have a weave. Your hair looks great and your progress is amazing

beans4reezy

The other day i was sitting in the hospital with a couple of my inlaws waiting for visiting hours (my mil was in the hospital), i hadn't done my usual flat twist and phony bun since i was pressed for time so i did a wash and go and and put it in a semi bun. I have been natural fo almost a year and am pretty please hair.
So, i'm sitting there with a couple other people and my 8 year old brother in law comes and stretched a clump of my hair and says (pretty loudly!) "wigsy head":lachen: so i had to ask him again, and again he said "you got a wigsy head, this is a wig' and touches my hair again!! By now everyone is looking my way. I laughed and told him it wasn't but he still didn't believe me.

Same thing yesterday, I did a wash and go and the later on put my hair in a low puff and a low puff. This time my sister in law asked if i was trying something new with my hair (she knows its my hair), my 16 year old brother in law turned and asked ''that isn't weave?'' He thought it was a weave since my hair seemed so short a few months ago, he thought it had to be a weave. Then he went on to tease the sister about her hair:lachen:
I keep telling her to join! But she doesn't listen.

I know it's because of all the things i learned here that has my hair growing great and healthy.

Nice....is that a weave is a great compliment to me...it means I am doing my job!

Fine 4s

Someone just asked me today was was IN my twist out?
I'm like 'IN' u mean my scalp?
But I had no time to get upset cuz i was too busy doing my happy dance inside!

BostonMaria

Now how the heck does an 8 year old know about weaves? Kids these days LOL
you hair is lovely! And from the look of your signature you can't blame them, it did grow in quickly and very nicely!!

naturalgurl

Girl, I know what you mean. I've been wearing my hair out more lately and friends look at it and ask why do I wear fake hair since I have such a thick head of hair. Ummm,this is my "thick head of hair". I don't like it to look wiggish, that to me makes me think I am wearing it "too big".

ETA~ BostMaria, you need to stop girl!LOL! (your siggy with the inauguration hat in PINK!)