thicker vs. longer

nesha24

Hi ladies.....
I have been a member for a few months. I have been taking vitamins, only oiling my ends and not the scalp, and even lessening the amount of heat I use on my hair. My hair (which has always been fairly long anyway) doesn't seem to be getting as long as it is thick. I was wondering if that was normal for hair to get thicker rather than longer, or does gaining thicker hair mean it's getting longer?

deedabug

if it is getting thicker i think it means it is growing...which to me means it has the great possibility to get longer :)

Angelicus

Immediately, I noticed a difference in thickness before a difference in length when I started my haircare regimen. For some people, thickness comes first.

tal

I would take the thickness any day. If you're doing all the right things, long hair will come. Hair thickness gives the appearance of more hair, and in my opinion is a sign of healthy hair.

SherryLove

tal said:
I would take the thickness any day. If you're doing all the right things, long hair will come. Hair thickness gives the appearance of more hair, and in my opinion is a sign of healthy hair.

I cosign....

pink_flower

Arrgh this is one of my biggest frustrations. My hair seems to get thicker with each touch up and not longer. Its like my hair grows outwards instead of downwards.Oh well, its reassuring to know that I share the same experience with others..maybe my length will come.

SexyC

Thats funny that someone mentioned this because my hair grows longer before thicker.Am I doing something wrong?

Isis

SexyC said:
Thats funny that someone mentioned this because my hair grows longer before thicker.Am I doing something wrong?
There is no right or wrong. Some have different growing patterns. I'm sure there are other ladies whose hair grows longer first.:)