Thin/Bone Straight Ends...

MizaniMami

As ya'll know I was thinking about cutting the last 3 inches of my thin ends off. I just started texlaxing and I love the extra texture!

Anyways, I got over the "I want to cut it feeling" but now it's back :ohwell:

Anyone, who had thin/bone straight ends decide to keep growing it out without cutting them? I am not talking about SPLITTING ends, just ends that are making the hair appear thinner or see-through.

Did you find that it was helpful to ride it out? This is really bothering me.

goldensensation

Before I started using Profectiv to relax my hair I had this problem. It has been... I dunno... 2 or more years since I have been using them and I *just* got rid of the last of those Soft and Beautiful Botanicals ends. If you are wearing protective styles I suggest you cut 1 inch or more after each touch-up until it's all gone.

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

I'm going through the same thing girl. I posted about it just a while ago. Anyway I thinking of dusting a little tonight and see if that helps the see through effect at all.

Let me know what u decide.

MizaniMami

RabiaElaine said:
I'm going through the same thing girl. I posted about it just a while ago. Anyway I thinking of dusting a little tonight and see if that helps the see through effect at all.

Let me know what u decide.

I sure will. I am thinking baout how I am going to cut my hair without sing heat as we speak.

*sigh*

It's like I will be losing mos worth of progress down the drain!

inthepink

I had this issue when I was transitioning - curly new growth and bone straight relaxed ends. I felt better about my hair each time I cut it. I guess it depends on how long your hair. Sounds like there's 3 inches you'd like to cut. Why not cut an inch and then see how you feel? It would then only take another 2 months to regrow that inch.