Thin hair after relaxer?

syze6

Is it me or does the hair seems to appear thinner after a relaxer. It seems that my hair looks thinner after my relaxer. When I was my hair a week or two later it seems to have a thickness to it. has anyone else noticed this?

*ElleB

Yes, I do.... Hair goes through that "limp" stage after you relax it intially...

Remember when Oprah changed her hair and ppl wrote her all kinds of hate mail, saying "WTH did u do to it?" "Its plastered to ur face" etc, she had to explain, "It was because I got a fresh relaxer, calm down! Stop writing me!" LOL

Candy_C

my hair is the other way round...

it gets thinnish b4 my relaxer as my hair grows at different stages.

right now its lighlty shedding as usually, i'm not keen on it but its better than those hard rock stones i used to get on my scalp!!!

so1913

Yep...I was always the backwards one because I HATED fresh relaxers...hair was so limp, flat, and stuck to the scalp right afterwards. After the 2nd washing or so and the "newness" was gone, I was good to go.

sareca

NewYorkgyrl said:
I wonder if I switch to Phyto relaxer if I will still have this problem. Something to think about.

Phyto stopped that for me. My hair isn't flat at any point after my relaxer. It also doesn't gain more volume as time goes on. The way it looks after I relax it is the way it looks 2 months later.

NewYorkgyrl

sareca said:
Phyto stopped that for me. My hair isn't flat at any point after my relaxer. It also doesn't gain more volume as time goes on. The way it looks after I relax it is the way it looks 2 months later.

WOW!!!!! I am so thinking about trying this relaxer.

The same things happens to me. It's the relaxer followed by the heat the stylist used. I think if I self-relax and hair dry I might be alright next time around.