Thinking of cutting off my hair..stop me please!

Mommynikki772

So for the past 6 weeks I had a sew in with closure to protect my once beautiful hair that had began to shed terribly post baby. Now sew in is out and my hair doesnt seem any difference and its soo frustrating. I just want to cut it short and try to grow it out again this time with no relaxer and see if that helps. Can you ladies lend any support...this hair has be depressed:nono::ohwell::wallbash:

There are a lot of ladies here who have dealt with the post partum shedding without cutting. Hopefully they can chime in and help. Hang in there.

Step away from the scissors!!! You will shed hair for a few weeks, possibly months, until your hormones get back to normal. Meanwhile, get/make some garlic oil and apply it to your scalp or take it internally (pills). Rosemary oil also helps with shedding. Do a search on garlic and you'll find a myriad of recipes on how to slow down and possibly stop the shedding.

Good luck and DO NOT CUT YOUR HAIR!!!:nono:

Hmmm cutting your hair wont do anything, because unless ur hormones are back to normal u will still shed. Just ride it out. It will be fine.

Wow I didnt know that about pregnancy and post baby....ya learn something everyday on here...I wont be looking forward to that when ever I do get preggie......gotta love LHCF

Please give it at least 6 months. Cutting your hair won't help the shedding until your your hormones balance back out. I say go back into a sew in until then.

If you cut your hair you will have short shedding hair. Unfortunately the scissors' aren't going to help your hair stop shedding.

Are you eating well? I know its hectic after the baby is born and its hard to take care of yourself. Make sure to take vitamins, eat right (lots of veggies & fruits), drink water, and don't skip breakfast. Your body is trying to recoop from everything it lost during the pregnancy and birth.

Deep condition your hair every week and keep it up until the shedding stops. If you want to purchase something I'd invest in a Steamer. It has completely curbed my shedding and has made my hair feel like a million bucks.

Thanks ladies...I just always had pretty hair that was soo thick and now its a mess. I have been doing the garlic thing weekly and stepping up my healthy eating as well as prenantals. Hoping and praying this goes away soon. Def dont want short shedding hair lol! No scissors I promise!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!!

Back