Thinking of dumping acv rinses

soslychic

I havn't experienced any benefits from doing acv rinses. It may have been a tad shinier, but it wasn't any more detangled. And the smell stays in my hair (not strongly at all), but nevertheless I smell it and it's annoying me. I only put 1 1/2 TBS of vinegar to 16 ounces of distilled water. Is this too much? Are there too many benefits of the acv rinses to stop using it?

Nonie

I think ACV rinses are only essential if your water is hard, or you're as fussy as me in wanting to make sure you remove any residue of products that could dull your hair or cause itches or clog your pores. Otherwise, you could just use distilled water. The other good thing about ACV is the fact that the acidity helps close your cuticles, hence the shine you talk of. But if you are using an acidic shampoo and are rinsing well, and are using distilled water in your final rinse, and are using cool-to-cold water, you should still succeed in getting your cuticles closed, hence the shine.

I don't know anything about ACV helping with detangling. I just know it helps close the cuticle (give shine), remove residue, and gives your hair an acidic PH which is a good thing.

Allandra

Maybe you could just use distilled water like Nonie pointed out (especially if your hair isn't any 'different' after using acv).

karezone

yea try distilled water and then rinse hair with cool water if you are worried about a smell

soulchild

I've been getting lazy about doing my acv rinses, but after readings nonie's post I'm going to prepare my acv mixture and put it in my bathroom so I have no excuses! thanks girl