Woah Oh It's Magic! (pre-shampoo ACV rinse)

goldensensation

My hair felt really icky today. It looked nice but didnt have its normal texture and feel. It felt the same way yesterday and since I was too lazy to wash my hair properly, I looked at an old bottle of Vive Curl I had and decided to do a condition wash. I knew from past experiences that me and condition washes do not get a long well, but I did it anyway. So I'm guessing the CW, coupled with my recent hair gel usage, was part of the problem.

A couple of years ago, I did post conditioner ACV rinses about twice. I didnt notice anything spectacular about it so I dropped it from my routine. So when I clarified, I normally used this citrusy clarifying shampoo from St. Ive's that I loved. That ran out and today at the supermarket I was looking for a replacement clarifying shampoo. Couldnt find one so while I was in the ketchup isle, I saw some ACV and picked it up.

Sorry that this is so long...

Okay, so about 20 minutes ago I went to wash my hair. I first rinsed my hair with warm water and it felt horrible. Normally my hair feels so nice and silky when water touches it but all I felt was build-up. But as soon as I put my ACV mixture on (2 quarts of warm water to open up the follice and 1/6th cup of ACV), my hair felt like normal again but looked ten times shinier! Even after I applied the shampoo, it still felt super luxurious and the shine was wonderful! I am now sitting with my deep conditioner on and I cant wait to see how my hair will feel when fully dried... in about 24 hours. :lol:

TWO THUMBS UP FOR PRE-POO ACV RINSES!

Now this is what I love, sisters giving good info on a method before their done w/the styling process, LoL, thanks for the review. Yes , ACV rinses are wonderful, and you really see the benefits when it is really time for a one, hopefully it will continue to be good for hair. I normally pour my ACV rinse on while the poo is still in the hair (got this from the Dominican Salon) but I will definately try it this way on wash day. :cool:

Thanks for the update. I remember posting on thread about doing ACV rinses before shampoo and I think only one person asnwered me about it. Everyone else does something different.

I never got around to trying it this way. I am glad it worked out for you. I am going to try this on my next wash day. THANKS!!!

Back