Thinking of switching from Phyto to ORS relaxer...

beana

I've been using Phytorelaxer for the past year with much success. I honestly have not had any hair health issues since using this relaxer (no dryness, brittle/breaking hair, suspicious amounts of splits)... BUT i'm considering switching because:

1) I have read several raves from women who have 4a textured hair (like myself) here on this board

2) My hair is not as thick as it used to be... it doens't break or shed too much, so it should look thicker. I use INdex 2 and orginally thought to use index 1 since i have 4a fine hair, BUT i dont know if it will properly straighten my hair.

3) ORS is very inexpensive and more readily available.

Soooo is the ors (normal) pretty mild?
Has anyone made the switch from phyto to ORS? If so, which do you prefer?
Does your hair maintain a good amount of thickness/body?
Phyto allows me to stretch 12 weeks with no problem, prior to this i used to relax every 8-10 weeks... Are you ladis able to stretch comfortable while using with th e ORS?

Sorry for all the questions, but i really would like to hear your experiences. All help/advice is appreciated.

As anky mentioned, IF i choose to give the ORS a try i will definitely do a strand test.

Last edited:

Jbirds1

Well I can answer your question but I"ve thinking about using the ORS relaxer when I finally decide to self relax.

Bumping for Beana!

zoj2

We must be on the same wavelength, cause I am considering switching from phyto to ORS. I didn't find anything spectacular about it, especially not for $60!

HoneyDew

I will say this forever....

If you use ORS relaxing kits, buy EXTRA neutralizing Shampoo. The packet they give you is just not enough for one application!! (and the directions say it is for 2 applications. :confused: )

They do sell it by the bottle though. Also Profectiv's neutralizing mousse foam shampoo is NICE!!!

esoterica

i'm definitely using ORS next time. Phyto wasn't worth the extra £££. Even TCB Naturals made my hair softer. i love Profectiv Damage Free as well. It makes my hair feel softer than any shampoo i've ever used.

*ElleB

I use ORS Regular and it is very mild yet effective. My hair isn't thin, but isn't that thick and I just touched-up with this about a month ago. The hair is soft and shiny! (I couldn't see spending 60 bucks on Phyto, but thats just me)

beana

Thanks for your input ladies!!!

Honeydew... thanks for the neutralizing tip...i have a big 32oz bottle of neutralizing shampoo, so I'll definitely pull this out.

My next relaxer will probably be 10 weeks away, so i'll have plenty of time to think about this. I just relaxed 2 weeks ago, but my hair hasn't thickened back up yet. Even though i have fine hair, i have a lot of strands, so it can appear thick. the phyto gives a more smoothing result which would be ideal for someone with thicker hair. I just don't want to risk the progress i've made. I can honestly say that the phyto has contributed to to the overall health of my hair, i wish it helped preserve more thickness though.