Thinner on one side than the other????

princessdi

I swear I think the right side of my hair is thinner than the left. Does anyone else feel this way?:sad: If so, what are you doing to thicken the other side up?

ms.blue

I alternate sleeping on either side because my mom says that the side you sleep on is usually thicker and longer.

Tamster

I was told the opposite by my stylist back in the day, when she guessed what side I usually slept on because it was a tad thinner. Go figure.

bimtheduck

Yeah I think sleeping on one side could def cause a difference. I know my hair was thinning on the side I was parting on so I had to start alternating.

makeupvixen

Well my left side is my most damaged side. You would think it would be considering I sleep on my right side but my left side gets the most sun as i drive to and from work in the car. This is also the case for skin cancer, in America it's found more on the left than the right because of the skin exposure to the sun from driving, it's that crazy.

Anyway what I am doing for my scalp is massaging it. Right now I'm doing a Bee Mine Growth challenge but I have been using JBCO Red Pimento Oil to massage my scalp before I do i deep condition regimen.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
my right side is thinner and that's from years of traditional wrapping in my opinion....and i almost always sleep on my right side so that probably is to blame too. i am using JBCO and babying my hair...it's working.

princessdi

Thanks ladies. I've started the scalp massaging with JBCO mixed with vitamin E oil. I hope this helps. I'm so close to goal that I'm afraid of having a setback. I'm freaking out!

Ijanei

bumping...I'm having the same issue except my is thin and breaking off at the same time. Guess I will try this jbco like everyone else. hope it works

Bigmommah

My rights side is thinner but I don't really worry about it. It's not such a noticeable difference that I want to worry myself over that too. I'll keep using the products I'm using and give it a bit more time.

SimJam

I alternate sleeping on either side because my mom says that the side you sleep on is usually thicker and longer.

I sleep on the right side and its the thinner side, .. go figure.

I noticed this abt 15 years ago. nw even though Im natural, the right side is still thinner.
its not really noticable though, even though my stylist commented on it when she was sornrowing my hair.

brownstallion

life ain't easy!!
I wrapped my hair the same way for 13 years and now I have one side thinner. I'm 14 months post relaxer and my new growth is also thinner on the same side. I stop wrapping my hair around my head. Now I put my hair in a light bun and put a silk scarf over it and hopefully it will get as thick as the other side in the near future.

gadgetdiva

I swear I think the right side of my hair is thinner than the left. Does anyone else feel this way?:sad: If so, what are you doing to thicken the other side up?

Yes my left side is thinner than my right. has been for years :sad: So to try and correct, combat, conquer I'm hoping the Castor Oil challenge will help with this.
I sleep on my right side mostly (or at least whenever I awaken I'm facing right).

kiesha8185

I wrapped my hair the same way for 13 years and now I have one side thinner. I'm 14 months post relaxer and my new growth is also thinner on the same side. I stop wrapping my hair around my head. Now I put my hair in a light bun and put a silk scarf over it and hopefully it will get as thick as the other side in the near future.

My hair was thinner on my left side because I was wrapping my hair. I stopped wrapping since I started my hair care journey and my hair is now even thickness and full on both sides. Wrapping doesn't have adverse effects on some women, but it did not work for me!