thinning hair..HELP!!

kimaaa3

I recently came out of my weave. I was going to this beautician who love using hair sparys and heat to get the slick look but over time I notice dandruff build up because of the hair spray and thininng because of excess heat and pulling my over all length is neck and beyond but my sides and crown are thinning, actually I have thin hair period. I am no longer using relaxers just press and curl with deep conditioning and I am starting a protein drink with vitamins. Can you give me any more advice on what to do?:perplexed

MedMunky swears by garlic juice, molasses and EVOO...look on her fotki. I am going to go this weekend to get some stuff. I also understand that low manipulation of the hair helps restore it with little to no heat.

I would take a break from the heat and do protective styles where I would not have to manipulate hair.

I would suggest a protein treatment to help with breakage. I think that Aphogee 2 min reconstructor works well. You may want to try protective styles for awhile until your hair is strong enough to deal with the pressing comb.

Back