Thinning hairline club for Women!

melodee

I have been suffering from a thinning hairline for the past few months. I also suffer from dermatitis of the scalp, and thought it was the only culprit. However, my derm told me that it wouldn't cause a thinning hairline, and that it must be hormones. No, I'm not preggo ladies. And I'm still young and I don't think it runs in my family (although I need to ask my dad's sisters in CA). He suggested Rogaine, and I'm thinking, really?

Anyway, I was also wondering if the Dominican blowout heat could be causing the thinning temples. My right temple is worse off than my left. I notice someone mentioned that in Megon's thread about thinning hair and lye relaxers. I just began using no lye (I had the thinning prior to the no lye).

Any others suffereing from thinning edges? And what do you think is the culprit? Let's get to the bottom of the mystery.

TigerLily

I have a thinning hairline from years of stylist abuse (and me too, lol) Years of ponytails, french rolls and sylists not knowing how to apply relaxers.

I think that maybe my hair follicles are damaged. :(

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My hairline is kinda thin where your hair usually recedes (diagonal to my eyebrows) because of aging. My mom and dad have receding hairlines, so it must be heredity. But I will be using Surge to regrow my hairline and avoid putting my hair slicked back tight if I wear a bun or ponytail. ;)

melodee

Tigerlily and Poohbear, does the receding hairline bother you? Or is it subtle and a non issue. Mine is subtle, but I know it's there. My hubby's family has thin edges naturally(even the women), and my little daughter who has waist length hair has thin, see through temples. It doesn't bother me to see hers that way, but mine is not supposed to look that way.

Megon, if you're out there, tell me what your temples look like!

TigerLily

melodee said:
Tigerlily and Poohbear, does the receding hairline bother you? Or is it subtle and a non issue. Mine is subtle, but I know it's there. My hubby's family has thin edges naturally(even the women), and my little daughter who has waist length hair has thin, see through temples. It doesn't bother me to see hers that way, but mine is not supposed to look that way.

Megon, if you're out there, tell me what your temples look like!
It didn't before, but now it does. I would like to wear cornrows and they just don't look right because the rows have to start further back.

melodee

Cutebajangirl, I am doing just that, thanks. I have started braiding, so that I can continue to stretch out my relaxer w/o having to get the blowouts on my hairline.

zigzag1

TigerLily said:
I have a thinning hairline from years of stylist abuse (and me too, lol) Years of ponytails, french rolls and sylists not knowing how to apply relaxers.

I think that maybe my hair follicles are damaged. :(

Yep over the years I've had too many wave nouveau perms the rods were applied too tight and eventually my hair became thin/fine. Now I'm natural the hair is doing good except for the hairline and temples. But this could also be hormonal. I am now taking GNC shen min and biotin. I'm very conscious of it so now 2 strand twists are my fave hair styles YEAH!!!!!