This proves you have to do what works for your hair and not follow what people do

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
My sister used to relax every month. Shampooed every day. Never deep conditioned. Probably trimmed once a year.

She was apl and had healthy hair.

She never used heat though. She always air dried. But still....if I tried any of that mess I would be bald.

ckisland

Just because someone has freakishly durable mutant hair, doesn't mean most people do. There's a handful of people that can eat 40 hotdogs at once. Does that mean that other people will be able to and should try to eat 40 hotdogs at once? Hecks NO! Even people who know nothing about good hair practices stick with the suggestion of relaxing every 4-8 weeks. I can see some poor newbie trying her regimen out and ending up in a worse hair situation than she started out in :nono:. She also uses expensive products that can compensate for the heat and wear and tear she's putting her hair through. Since she's had long hair up until high school, BSL maybe her "easy" length to get to. If she tried for WL, HL and beyond, all that heat and relaxing, more likely than not, wouldn't fly.

Her hair looks healthy and is pretty, and I would have wanted her hair when I was in high school. But LHCF and youtube have opened my eyes to how jaw-dropping a head of hair can be, and this just doesn't phase me :lol:.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

Her hair is definitely healthy shiny and extremely thick. Very straight hair is not my thing but i'm jealous of how relatively easy it is for her to maintain her hair exactly the way she wants it without compromising. Me and my hair are always bargaining.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I remember watching her awhile back and thinking about how when I was in high school and college I could get away with all kinds of stuff I can't get away with now.

I bleached my hair and dyed it purple and it didn't fall out. If I did that now.....bald

NaiyaAi

Her hair is pretty. And I like that she uses a combination of cheap and expensive products. But $36 for 16oz of conditioner??? :nono: What exactly is in that stuff?