Thready, Cottony, Wiry, Spongy, Silky? I still don't get it

Do you know if your hair is Thready, Cottony, Wiry, Spongy, or Silky? Cause I just don't get it.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thready - Hair as a low sheen, with high shine if the hair is held taut (as in a braid), with low frizz. Wets easily but water dries out quickly. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wiry - Hair has a sparkly sheen, with low shine and low frizz. Water beads up or bounces off the hair strands. Hair never seems to get fully wet.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cottony - Hair has a low sheen, a high shine if the hair is held taunt and has high frizz. Absorbs water quickly but does not get thoroughly wet very fast.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spongy - Hair has a high sheen with low shine with a compacted looking frizz. Absorbs water before it gets thoroughly wet.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Silky - Hair has low sheen, a very high shine, with a lot or low frizz. Easily wets in water.[/FONT]

So any of you use this in your hair typing? If so which one are you and how do you know? Perhaps this will help me find out for myself.

The one thing I definitely know is that my natural hair never gets soaking wet. It's like, towel drying my hair once I step out of the shower automatically makes it like 40-50% dry. The shine vs. sheen thing is confusing. And frizz...when in it's natural state? Or styled? etc...

oh someone help.:perplexed

glamazon386

This is all confusing. My hair could be wirey cottony and spongey based on that doesn't get fully wet part :perplexed

LynnieB

Do you know if your hair is Thready, Cottony,

So any of you use this in your hair typing? If so which one are you and how do you know? Perhaps this will help me find out for myself.

The one thing I definitely know is that my natural hair never gets soaking wet. It's like, towel drying my hair once I step out of the shower automatically makes it like 40-50% dry. The shine vs. sheen thing is confusing. And frizz...when in it's natural state? Or styled? etc...

oh someone help.:perplexed

hmmmmm.......it's all a mess. most black folk have several types of hair on their heads so it makes it really hard to put yourself in any one box.

my hair is predominately wiry with a small side order of thready. after i get out of the shower, i see tons of water beads on top of it just sitting there and it does take a real good soaking for water to actually penetrate.

it's also coarse with thick strands and does not feel soft to the touch unless there's some sort of product on it. when stretched out in braids, coils, twists or bantu knots, i think it does have a sparkley sheen not shine and the wiry hair has a tendency to straighten itself out as it dries.

frizz (the character builder of natural hair)......LOL, oh yes indeedy - but some places frizz bigger than others.

who knows red.........6 of one, half dozen of another especially on custom made hair :grin:.

good luck sorting it out but don't get upset if you can't narrow it down to just one.

hmmmmm.......it's all a mess. most black folk have several types of hair on their heads so it makes it really hard to put yourself in any one box.

my hair is predominately wiry with a small side order of thready. after i get out of the shower, i see tons of water beads on top of it just sitting there and it does take a real good soaking for water to actually penetrate.

it's also coarse with thick strands and does not feel soft to the touch unless there's some sort of product on it. when stretched out in braids, coils, twists or bantu knots, i think it does have a sparkley sheen not shine and the wiry hair has a tendency to straighten itself out as it dries.

frizz (the character builder of natural hair)......LOL, oh yes indeedy - but some places frizz bigger than others.

who knows red.........6 of one, half dozen of another especially on custom made hair :grin:.

good luck sorting it out but don't get upset if you can't narrow it down to just one.

I always thought my hair might be wiry. But I was never sure. If I put my hair in any sort of ponytail, it will straighten right out. Some parts even get bone straight.

To me, my hair just feels wiry. Very different from my sister's hair, that gets soaked and feels spongy. Looking at your album, I might be a wiry type.