Three things

1. The grace of God.

I'm not being overly religious. I'll explain. The bible says, "My people perish for lack of knowledge [...]" (Hosea 4:6 NKJV). It's one thing to find a wealth of info like LHCF and quite another to use the information wisely; both indicate on some level that we have been favored with this wealth of resources. I believe it takes God's grace to get the results we get. I have HAND FED some folks IRL these tips (even given out products) but they lack the impetus or wisdom to do anything productive with their hair YET they cry to me "I want healthy, long hair."

2. Conditioners

3. Protective Styling

1. Wearing a Bun regularly helps me retain length
2. Mane & Tail Conditioner (and Deep Conditioner) helps my hair grow longer
3. Moisture/Protein Balance along with low heat helps keep my hair on my head and long!

Protective styling
Handling my hair like fine silk
Learning how to listen to my hair and its needs

1. Henna- hands down. I've been in love with my since I started henna'ing lol.
2. Ceramides
3. Protective styling

Deep condition with a great deep conditioner or natural one. Every time I shampoo my hair I use a dc, every treatment I use a deep conditioner, even on co wash day I follow with a dc

Water water water water!!!!! Everyday I drink it, spray it, sip it, pour it, freeze it, boil it, bathe in it. I must have water. Hard because I don't like the taste so I ur crystal lite or herbal teas with no sugar. I eat ice I buy flavored ice too. I spray my hair with it, I make a herbal tea spray, or I pour water on my hair. Of course I bathe everyday, lol

Keep my hair covered, not just because of a work racial problem, but to keep my hands out of it and protected from the environment.

I would also like to add sleep to my list. Trying to get six hours in is hard for me but I'm trying

My 1 1/2 year journey has given me only 7inches of growth but it took me a year to find what works for me

1) ingredients (everything about alcohols, butters, salt, humectants, different kinds of protein, ceramides, aloe or not, powders and clays or not.... ingredient dictionaries... understanding what was or wasn't for me 1 ingredient at a time)

2) oil rinses (= no more manipulation, no more long sessions)

3) air drying (in braids, leaving conditioner in and sealing).

Last edited:
1. Taking my iron supplements everyday (iron deficiency anemia was causing my hair to fall out)

2. Coconut oil (cook with it and put on my hair)

3. Healthier diet (vegetable juice is the truth)

Only three??!? Oh my...:lol:

1) JBCO, learning that its a water soluable oil has turned my hair around. When applied to damp hair at night, I wake up to smooth like butter hair. It also helped to thicken my tresses.

2) Porosity Control. Wow just never really understood how much my hair needed this to deal with overly porous parts of my hair.

3) Low to no heat has done wonders for my retention rate.

1. Low heat use
2. Just leaving my hair alone. I realized I don't need to comb and manipulate it every single day especially since I'm relaxed. I just comb on wash days. Halfwigs helped with this
3. Less shampoo (or sulfate free shampoo at least). I'm still working on this because I use a lot of products and don't like my hair feeling "builduppy". Also I found out dirty hair makes me break out. so I tend to wash every week...but when i don't use shampoo it seems like my hair gets thicker/softer

Last edited:
1. Actively tending to my porosity: Using porosity control, ceramides, henna and clear rinses

2. Regular DCing

3. Protective styling

1. Relaxing properly (using it only on the new growth instead of everything)
2. DCing
3. Moisturizing/Sealing

1. Coconut oil! - I can't live without this stuff now. My hair is stronger and healthier since I started to seal my hair with this oil. I can't say enough about this stuff.
2. Satin pillow case - I used to wake up to broken hairs all over my pillow every morning. Not anymore.
3. Water - My hair is thriving now that I moisturize my hair more often. It is so much easier to comb when damp, my hair stays soft, and my breakage has declined.

1) Stretching my relaxers

2) Deep conditioning regularly

3) Minimizing heat usage

These 3 things have turned my hair around!

I believe my journey will change as I learn more.

1. Cowashing (I love it. I think my hair loves water, I do it daily)
2. Bunning (quick, easy, looks good and protects my hair)
3. Moisturizing at night (my hair is much softer and the parts at the crown that are usually the most challenging are softer (its still a challenge though).

Back