Throwback - 90's

Well.... I am going to a 90's themed birthday party tommorow night, and I was wondering what hairstyles could I do to my hair for a 90's look?
I currently have a 12 inch weave in my hair with a horseshoe left out, you can check my fotki out to see what it looks like

i was going to say finger waves or deep waves but since you have a weave

maybe a French twist with the gold beads you put in with the hair pins. you can even put the front id the tight Shirley temple, spiral like curls.

Or something like crimps, but who has a crimper now a days

A 90's party??? Seems like things are still the same, but then again the 90's were a blur to me. How about get a freeze in the front with a french roll in the back. Man, that is 90's!

i was going to say finger waves or deep waves but since you have a weave

maybe a French twist with the gold beads you put in with the hair pins. you can even put the front id the tight Shirley temple, spiral like curls.

Or something like crimps, but who has a crimper now a days
:grin: That was me all day...I used to rock a ponytail with spiral curls cascading down. I also used to slick down the front of my hair with brown gel :look: and spiral curl the back.

:grin: That was me all day...I used to rock a ponytail with spiral curls cascading down. I also used to slick down the front of my hair with brown gel :look: and spiral curl the back.

Me too! All DAY! And I did the French roll too.

Those were the days. circa 1992-94

ITA. Those styles are definitely from the 90's, maybe even the 80's.

I wouldn't say those are from the 80's, Well maybe a hand-full are 80's, Most of those styles are definitely 90's lol. I have been doing hair since age 13 in 1990, Graduated high school in 95" and hair school in 96. And I did hair until 2002, Me and my Girls probably rocked every single style on that sight, From long to short lol. I will be rocking long hair for life NO cutting, What was I thinking back then lol. :) Looking at those hairstyles makes me miss the 90's.

Last edited:
This one will be definitely good for a 90's party, I remember doing this style for a friend of mine lol.

http://www.blackhairmedia.com/hairstyles/hairstyle_view.aspx?Sec=long&Pic=0051

Wait! LOL, she cant cut her sewin hair and be looking like this for weeks after the 90's party LOL
What about these? You think its visibly 90's enough? I couldnt look in her fotki but it looks like something she could do to her hair without cutting lol

http://www.blackhairmedia.com/hairstyles/hairstyle_view.aspx?Sec=long&Pic=0015

http://www.blackhairmedia.com/hairstyles/hairstyle_view.aspx?Sec=long&Pic=0011

Then she gotta do the makeup, get the nails, ....awww yeah lol

I miss the 90's too :sad: Im going back to some of the simple styles of then-jet black hair- but just plain ole wraps and buns with the edges looking nice (no baby hair) sick of beyonce type hair and all that--I liked the music, shorts, shoes, shirts, summer days :sad:

You can make those "paper curls" with a curling iron and use some heavy spritz or holding spray--if you want to be 90's authentic, use some Pump It Up in the white and pink bottle.

Anything with a hump in the top or as my sister called it "rooster -rize" top. French twist with a rooster hump, pin straight with bangs and a rooster hump. Girl just make it stiff with a rooster-rize top and you got the 90's LOLOL

Back