TIP: Unfiltered ACV vs. Filtered ACV

msjones

Sooo I had been doing ACV rinses after rinsing out my DC and its been leaving my hair super shiny. I was doing this with Heinz Filtered ACV. 1/4 cup to 2 cups of water. Which was perfect. My hair had a lot of slip also.

A few days ago i bought BRAGG's Unfiltered ACV and tried the same mixture. This left my hair dry and I believe its because its a lot stronger and needs to be diluted more than the filtered ACV.

I just wanted to let you ladies know so you don't make the same mistake I did. HHG!!

<3

tinkat

Thanx for the heads up...I use Heinz too, but I don't see where is says if it is filtered or unfiltered.

newflowers

If you bought it at the store and the color is clear - it's filtered. Unfiltered acv is a darker and opaque color.

tinkat

If you bought it at the store and the color is clear - it's filtered. Unfiltered acv is a darker and opaque color.

Ok thanks alot, I have the darker one. I was wondering why I was getting lil flurries, I never get flurries. My hair don't feel dry and my curls pop but I am starting to get lil flurries. I will dilute more and not use it after every CW, I realize that I don't need it after every wash.

ajoyfuljoy

Yeah, I started out using Braggs and it was good, but I wanted to try the store version. I did and the Heinz is amazing on my hair! My hair is soft after the DC, softer after the ACV and its softest after Salerm leave-in. I won't go back to Bragss cuz I'm happy with cheap ole Heinz :grin:

nappity

My hair is happiest with any cheapo acv. I dont have to dilute it and it never leaves my hair hard.