Tips for Growing Out Ponytail Breakage

Chevelure618

Specifically Ponytail breakage. One area in the mid back of my head is 5 inches shorter than the rest! I do loose updos only, but this area is driving me crazy. Any suggestions?

If it were me, I would choose another ps like braids, or a sew in weave or a wig with cornrows underneath until the hair caught up a little. (out of sight out of mind) other than tht I would baby that area with moisture and maybe a sulfur mix

I hope it works out!

IA with Miss Tress, maybe a change in protective style. I have this problem, and even though I have changed up my PS, my hair is still shorter in this section. My hair in that section is a COMPLETE different texture than the rest of my head.

Try to moisturize and seal that area as much as you can. Maybe even relax, every other relaxer.

I would definitely switch up my PS and like selfstyled stated, keep that area heavily moisturized and definitely hold off on relaxing that area for a bit (if you relax).

thats funny most of my breakage is on my sides (waay shorter than any part of my head) from ponytails.

isuggest maybe half braiding your hair and keeping your ponytail or something like that. Switch up the position of the ponytail too(=

If it were me, I would choose another ps like braids, or a sew in weave or a wig with cornrows underneath until the hair caught up a little. (out of sight out of mind) other than tht I would baby that area with moisture and maybe a sulfur mix

I hope it works out!

I was about to say this too. A different PS would be good, just to switch it up as well. Too much of the ponytail could be killing it.

I have this same problem. My hair in the back center is several inches shorter. I try to style different updos like pigtails and stuff when I'm at home, because I wear my hair in a bun to work. I can't braid hair really at all (lol), plus it's frowned upon and there are too many regulations in the AFI's to even try that for work.....so I'm stuck with some kind of updo....

Back