To cut or to leave it alone?

levette

Hello,

I need some advice regarding my hair. Foolishingly back in November, I had some permanent highlights put in my hair. I have notice that in the back area, some of my hair has broken off. Now, it isn't that noticeable, however, I am very aware of it. Would it be best to have my hair cut to the broken off length or just ignore it and hope my hair will eventually thicken up and cover up the broken off hair. What is the best method?

levette said:
Hello,

I need some advice regarding my hair. Foolishingly back in November, I had some permanent highlights put in my hair. I have notice that in the back area, some of my hair has broken off. Now, it isn't that noticeable, however, I am very aware of it. Would it be best to have my hair cut to the broken off length or just ignore it and hope my hair will eventually thicken up and cover up the broken off hair. What is the best method?

Depending on how short it is from the rest of the hair, I would let it continue to grow and do small frequent trims until it is even. I have a short patch in the middle, I am waiting for at least another two inches of growth before I actually start trying to even out everything.
Make sure you MOISTURIZE like crazy to prevent even more breakage and be gentle back there! :)

I think it depends on how much hair you are willing to loose for the sake of having an even look to your hair. If you are want to retain some length, you should do mini-trims every so often until its even, especially since you said the breakage isn't that bad. I have pretty visible uneveness from breakage and I'm wearing braidouts to disguise it until i can get an inch or so cut off next month. HTH.

Leave it alone and bun it for a while. I learned this lesson from the albums that I have stalked.:eek: ..oops I mean viewed. I noticed that when a lot of the ladies go through that period when they aren't pleased with their hair, they bun it. I have found that when I bun my hair, the protective style helps my hair and my peace of mind.

Don't cut it....protect it!!!!

mrslee said:
Depending on how short it is from the rest of the hair, I would let it continue to grow and do small frequent trims until it is even. I have a short patch in the middle, I am waiting for at least another two inches of growth before I actually start trying to even out everything.
Make sure you MOISTURIZE like crazy to prevent even more breakage and be gentle back there! :)

I agree with this advice.

Back