To Cut or Not to Cut

lady_godiva

Ladies, I need your help. I had a weave in my hair since March. I decided to take out the weave and perm it. My hair grew about two to three inches. It may not be a lot, but it is a lot to me.

The stylist who did my hair stated that she wanted to cut my hair into a style. I told her no way. I would not even let her trim it because I wanted to enjoy the length a little longer. I am also traumatized because every stylist that I had gone to in the last year got scissor happy with trimming my hair.

Well, come to find out, some of my hair had broken off at the top from the weave. I had gone through a lot of stress this summer, so I guess that is the cause. I also have some more areas from where my hair had broken off before I got the weave.

I just cannot bear to cut off all of my hair and start over again. :nono: I currently have flat twists to continue to give my hair a break. If I must cut it please give me some ideas. Is the 80's snatch back coming back in style? Just kidding. I could not resist. :lachen:Or should I keep wearing it in protective styles until it gets healthy and grows back some more.

MizzBrown

I say cut. Start fresh. But its hard to say unless i see it. How long is your hair, how badly broken off it is, etc....

frizzy

...80's snatch back. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I would stay with the protective styles for a while (few months) before cutting. No more weaves.