To relax or not to relax

syze6

I washed my hair yesterday and applied some sulphur 8 to my scalp. I need a relaxer and would love to go get my hair done, since my boss will be out. Would the fact that I washed yesterday and applied sulphur 8 be harmful to my scalp. I didn't know he was playing hooky today. I washed it to stretch it until I could in the shop. I know I won't have a problem this afternoon but I'm afraid to relax it.

Dee-Licious

I'm always scared to use my Sulfur8 like 3 days before a relaxer... I base my scalp with any other grease that doesn't contain sulfur.

Blackoutzangel05

I am not an expert on relaxers but I wouldn't do it for a few days after using the shampoo. I would probably wait until this weekend.

Arcadian

I agree with the concensus. There's always gonna be a few that will put wash, condition, blow dry did they head in a vat of hot wax and acid the day before relaxing and never have a problem.

But most of us can't do that.

So yeah, i'd wait. I do believe most relaxer instructions say to wait about 48-72 hours anyway.

So um.. maybe you can ask your boss if he can let you know when he's gonna be playing hookey next? :look:

-A

Dee-Licious

RavenIvygurl said:
what's wrong with sulfur and relaxers? Is there a reaction between the two?

I'm not sure of a reaction.

Sulfur8 actually makes my scalp tingle. Regular petroleum/grease has no feeling really to me. I'm scared that the Sulfur8 is in some with opening up my scalp and will cause it to burn. I have never actually tried relaxing after basing with sulfur8 I've just told myself to NEVER do it.

I use a regular grease to base after I've washed the sulfur8 off my scalp days prior. It's a precautionI take without a true reason except a gut feeling.