To the ladies in college...

phynestone

Do any of you ever get frustrated on your walk with Christ, especially when you see nearly everyone around you doing what seems to be "fun?" I've been feeling like this for a little bit and I'm not trying to get discouraged, but this has been a thought that has come up every once in a while. I know patience is a virtue and God will give me everything I need if I trust him, but sometimes I feel it is so hard to be a Christian woman when you have all these...I don't know how to say it...negative influences around and you don't know what to do. Sometimes I feel lonely, especially when I've decided to pass up on going out with some friends or a party, but I don't know.

Janice

Hey Sweetiepie, don't be discouraged. I don't know if you are living on dorm which might cause you to feel this way , but I am a commuter student (my school is a half hour away) so thank God after my classes I can bounce.

I would defenitely encourage you though to get plugged into a christian youth group at your school or one at a nearby school if your church doesn't have one. I am plugged at a Young adult mnistry at my church and have made christian friends that are really walking the walk and are on fire for God and I haven't been lonely since. We do go to movies, (with wisdom of course ) and go ice-skating and theme parks and stuff like normal people would.

Being a christian doesn't mean the end of the world. I have had the most fun since being a christian without having to have any guilty feelings or regrets later.I don't have to get drunk or do anything stupid that I know God would not like. Seek God first and he will supply you with everything you pray for according to his will. Just keep believing.

Sorry to go off at a tangent here, but I remeber when I first God saved, I didn't know anyone for a good year and a half at my church and was always praying for genuine christian friends and you know what after I just started to focus on God , he put peope in my life when I just surrended that to him and forgot about it. So be of good cheer, and he will bring you your hearts desires. He know that we can't walk this walk alone, he just needs your attention first and foremost.

asubeauty

I definitely say not to get discouraged... sometimes I feel the same way. Although not all of my friends share my attitude about spirituality, they know that there are some things that I don't take part in, so they don't ask me. If they are going bowling, fine, if its the club.... :nono:

I'm very glad that you posted this. This is a great thread. There are many more college students than you may think who feel this way.

I attend a Christian school and it is awesome to have the positive influences here. Although, it sometimes feel like a bubble. I have two good friends that attend another college in the same town and they are surrounded w/ negative influences. But you know what, He that is within you is greater than he that is in the world. Try to find Christian people and fellowship with them. Also, with you being in that environment, don't let the God moments pass up when opportunity presents itself. Be prepared to let God use you to minister to the lost. I hope this has encouraged you, be blessed.

Belle Du Jour

It's hard, but definitely finding a linke minded person (or group) helps. Try to keep doing what you know it right. In the end you will be rewarded for your patience and dilligence.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I can somewhat relate to what you're saying!

I feel like work and school take up all my time. Money for important things come first and leaves me broke to do anything else fun like shopping, traveling, etc. I'm not a party person to begin with so it doesn't matter if I pass up a party or going to a club. I don't drink, smoke, or have sex, so what fun is in it for me? I don't even dance; No, I don't think dancing is wrong, I just dont like to dance! ;)

But I do feel like school and work and other things do get in the way of my walk with God. Sometimes, I don't find the time to pray and read the Bible each day. It sometimes makes me feel guilty that I give all my time to other things and not to God. I feel like going to church every Sunday isn't enough.

When times get busy, I try to keep the Lord in my thoughts. Right now, I've been making the necessary steps to pray without ceasing by praying everyday, sometimes both night and day. I feel so much better after I pray. I used to read the Bible ALOT before I got into college. Right now, I read it every now and then when I have a question, seeking an answer, or when things come up on this Christian forum! :grin:

May God bless you and keep you!!! :kiss:

Eiano

Take your own advice

Keep your eyes on the prize. Surround yourself with people that are going to take you higher. I am the master of my fate. Lo que no te mata, engorda.-what doesn't kill you, fattens you

aquarian1252004

Girl I know I can relate. I backslide for a while in college because I wanted to follow what everyone else was doing. I felt like I was missing something by being with God. So I decided to rebel and I learned through my rebllious phase that it was HIM that I was missing. All that "stuff" that I was trying to keep up with only left me feeling empty inside and void. God basically spoke to me and said why are you trying to be like everyone else when I intentionally set you apart. The bible says enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the way that leads to the path of distruction and many will go in by it. But narrow is the way that leads to rigteousness, few will find it. Its much easier to go along with the crowd, than to stand out. But this is not his plan for ourlives. Beleive me I know what you are going through I've been there and will always struggle with my flesh in this. But disobidience brings judgment and consequence. Obiedience brings God's blessings and favor.