Do You Ever Feel Like It's Impossible?

mrselle

Do you ever feel like it's impossible to do everything that God has called you to do? I think about the things that I should be doing, but I don't do, the things I used to do, but don't do anymore and sometimes I am reading the Bible, a Christian blog or Christian based book and I think to myself, "Wow...I am REALLY falling short." Yesterday I attempted to fast and shortly in to it I got discouraged and thought to myself, "What's the point?" I know that there is a point and/or purpose, but I guess I am having a hard time getting motivated and staying motivated. Does anyone ever feel like this and when you do what do you do to motivate yourself?

loolalooh

Yes, I do sometimes. These days, I'm either so "busy" or, like you, asking myself "What's the point?," or in some other phase (e.g., depression) that limits me. But I dig for motivation, and I think that "source" is different for many Christians.

I think my biggest motivation is how I felt when I was closest to the Lord (two years ago). I long for that feeling again. That experience of true peace AND true joy AND true love like never before in my life. The lack of desire for anything worldly. I was so drunk off of God it was a feeling that was so beautiful but hard to fully capture in words.

So, in short, it's that "feeling" that motivates me. I chase it. That feeling of being so close to Him. I want to experience it again because its either Him or this world, and He is far more beautiful. And if it means fasting or opening up the Bible or going to church, I try to go through it just to experience Him. It's initially difficult to get started (or re-started after a period of inactivity), but the more I do it, the easier it gets because the closer I get to Him and the more I fall in love with Him.

I hope that makes sense.

Bumping for more replies.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Do you ever feel like it's impossible to do everything that God has called you to do? I think about the things that I should be doing, but I don't do, the things I used to do, but don't do anymore and sometimes I am reading the Bible, a Christian blog or Christian based book and I think to myself, "Wow...I am REALLY falling short." Yesterday I attempted to fast and shortly in to it I got discouraged and thought to myself, "What's the point?" I know that there is a point and/or purpose, but I guess I am having a hard time getting motivated and staying motivated. Does anyone ever feel like this and when you do what do you do to motivate yourself?

Re-Read Proverbs 31... You dear one ARE doing what God has called you to do.

You are a wonderful wife and mother? God has called you to it. Where would they be spiritually without you? God upholds the Virtuous woman to fulfill the plans that He has for the lives of your husband and children, which is a Ministry that NO other woman can fulfill, other than you who was chosen.

Without you they'd be wayward... lost.. out of sync with the Holy Spirit. Who else but you is close enough to hear from God to pray for their specific needs other than yourself. Who knows the very number of their hairs next to God that your husband has combed from his head each day. Who else knows other than God, the rhythm of your husband's heartbeat and the yearning of his dreams which you as his HelpMeet (beyond) suitable, is able to see this fulfill, as you are the Minister who is called to prophesy into his life, releasing the power of God to flow and to follow him wherever he goes. You are the one, called... You. And you are indeed fulfilling your purpose ordained of God.

Who will protect and fight for your children protecting them from the wolves waiting in the schools, seeing your children as prey. There are many agendas, seeking to sift your husband and children as wheat...yet YOU are the Woman of Power unafraid to shoot back at these preditors whom you will not allow to come near the gift which God has given and called you to.

Wives will never be extinct, simply because of those such as you... who have proven to the world that you are indeed what God has called you to be... fruitful vine, grounded in Jesus...undefeated in life, womanhood and MARRIAGE.

:blowkiss:

Last edited:

mrselle

Yes, I do sometimes. These days, I'm either so "busy" or, like you, asking myself "What's the point?," or in some other phase (e.g., depression) that limits me. But I dig for motivation, and I think that "source" is different for many Christians.

I think my biggest motivation is how I felt when I was closest to the Lord (two years ago). I long for that feeling again. That experience of true peace AND true joy AND true love like never before in my life. The lack of desire for anything worldly. I was so drunk off of God it was a feeling that was so beautiful but hard to fully capture in words.
So, in short, it's that "feeling" that motivates me. I chase it. That feeling of being so close to Him. I want to experience it again because its either Him or this world, and He is far more beautiful. And if it means fasting or opening up the Bible or going to church, I try to go through it just to experience Him. It's initially difficult to get started (or re-started after a period of inactivity), but the more I do it, the easier it gets because the closer I get to Him and the more I fall in love with Him.

I hope that makes sense.

Bumping for more replies.

loolalooh, at the bolded, that was me several years ago. It was long ago, but I remember that feeling. I was going through so much, but I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was with me. I would hear His voice as though he were right next to me. I could ask Him a question, go to sleep and He would answer me in my dreams. He would speak to me through songs. I would wake up in the morning and He would be singing a song to me. I know that He is with me, but it just isn't the same and I know that it is my doing. I have become so consumed with my daily life that He is often on the backburner. I think about God all the time, but to actually sit down and spend time with Him...I find it hard to do because I've become lazy. I'm embarassed and ashamed to say it, but it's true.

mrselle

Thank you, Shimmie. We were posting at the same time. Your words really speak to my heart and I know it is of God because you spoke similar words to me a few years ago. I thank you for your wisdom and encouragement. It means the world to me.

Girl....that baby...I'm gonna have to just ignore that picture in your signature. ;-)

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you, Shimmie. We were posting at the same time. Your words really speak to my heart and I know it is of God because you spoke similar words to me a few years ago. I thank you for your wisdom and encouragement. It means the world to me.

Girl....that baby...I'm gonna have to just ignore that picture in your signature. ;-)

Awwwwww... :kiss: Mrselle... you have 'kept' something that so many still seek after.

Remember what the 'Angel' said to Mary (Mother of Jesus in Luke 1), blessed art thou above women. Only Mary was chosen; of course she was not the only Virgin during that time, however out of all Virgins, she was selected for the plan that God had for man.

You have been selected for the Man in your life; for no other woman could God trust to be whom He needed for your husband and your family. You are the prime rib that fits him perfectly.

As for my baby's picture... Today is his birthday. He's three years old today. Time flies. :cry4:

DaiseeDay

mrselle said:
loolalooh, at the bolded, that was me several years ago. It was long ago, but I remember that feeling. I was going through so much, but I knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was with me. I would hear His voice as though he were right next to me. I could ask Him a question, go to sleep and He would answer me in my dreams. He would speak to me through songs. I would wake up in the morning and He would be singing a song to me. I know that He is with me, but it just isn't the same and I know that it is my doing. I have become so consumed with my daily life that He is often on the backburner. I think about God all the time, but to actually sit down and spend time with Him...I find it hard to do because I've become lazy. I'm embarassed and ashamed to say it, but it's true.

loolalooh Exact same with me...

I've become so discouraged in my Christian walk, Gods voice is so dull and I often feel like there's no use in even praying. Yesterday I felt as if I should fast, but got the exact same thought you did. It help that my blood sugar can get low so it really is hard for me to stick to fasting, and last time I did I felt horrible yet didn't see any results.

I feel like I'm acting like a spoiled brat sometimes because things aren't going my way in life and I get mad at God. I can still "feel" Him quite often, but it seems when I really need Him I can't, plus He doesn't speak to me like He used to... But some people don't even feel Gods presence, so I'm grateful for that. Sometimes I get so fed up I'm reluctant to even spend time in His presence even though that's a gift. It's not just about "feeling", God's presence it's my whole life that feels blahh

mrselle

Awwwwww... :kiss: Mrselle... you have 'kept' something that so many still seek after.

Remember what the 'Angel' said to Mary (Mother of Jesus in Luke 1), blessed art thou above women. Only Mary was chosen; of course she was not the only Virgin during that time, however out of all Virgins, she was selected for the plan that God had for man.

You have been selected for the Man in your life; for no other woman could God trust to be whom He needed for your husband and your family. You are the prime rib that fits him perfectly.

As for my baby's picture... Today is his birthday. He's three years old today. Time flies. :cry4:

Shimmie, again I KNOW that God is speaking through you. You see, God gave me that scripture back in 1998 when I was seeking Him on marriage and some other things I had going on in my life. I have always held on to that scripture and it's funny because each time God reminds me of that scripture it has new meaning. That is what is so awesome about God's word. A word that was given to me 14 years ago still applies to me even though I am going through something totally different now.

Happy birthday to sweet baby boy!!!

mrselle

loolalooh Exact same with me...

I've become so discouraged in my Christian walk, Gods voice is so dull and I often feel like there's no use in even praying. Yesterday I felt as if I should fast, but got the exact same thought you did. It help that my blood sugar can get low so it really is hard for me to stick to fasting, and last time I did I felt horrible yet didn't see any results.

I feel like I'm acting like a spoiled brat sometimes because things aren't going my way in life and I get mad at God. I can still "feel" Him quite often, but it seems when I really need Him I can't, plus He doesn't speak to me like He used to... But some people don't even feel Gods presence, so I'm grateful for that. Sometimes I get so fed up I'm reluctant to even spend time in His presence even though that's a gift. It's not just about "feeling", God's presence it's my whole life that feels blahh

There have been times when I felt like this. Everything in my life is fine and God is speaking to me loud and clear, but when I start going through something I don't hear anything. I learned that during those times I should draw strength from His word and things He had spoken directly to me. That is what faith is all about....standing on God's word even when we feel like He isn't near.

LucieLoo12

This reminds me of when Gideon got discouraged and he went and hid,but God sent him an angel to tell him he was a mighty man of valour. I am never one to chase a feeling because feelings and emotions are so up and down and based on conditions. But I look and hope in the word. If u see you r not as connected as you should be let that encourage you,not push you from God. Start with one scripture a day and meditate on that and God will increase it..God said his thoughts concerning you are only good.God is for you. But you must look to Him,we can’t do this on our own strength.Rest in Him. Cry out to God REGARDLESS of how u feel because we know that no matter how we feel God STILL hears us. Put the seed in you which is His word and He will nurture it and cause it to grow!

God bless!

Lissa0821

I definitely felt that way for many years of my Christian walk. I honest to God want to be and experience all that God says in his Word that I can be. I would get frustrated when I fell short and some days act like I have no clue who Jesus is.

But last year, I was introduced to Joseph Prince Ministries and with his teaching, I was really able to grab hold of the fact that I am accepted by God. The revelation of the fact that I am truly loved, accepted and considered the righteous of God has really set me free.

Do I still fall short and act out of character for Christian at times, Heck yeah but I always come back to the fact that God has accepted me. This always seems to pull me back into focus of who I am and whose I am.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Earlier in my walk I would feel that way, but now when doubt or discouragement comes my way and I try to verbalize it to tell Father, He stops me in my tracks with a promise from His word...

Sometimes we try to do too much too fast and we compare ourselves with others and what they are doing and their accomplishments, (this is a sure way to feel depressed or in ept, don't camp out in those feelings) when we should simply ask God what would you have me to do, wait for His answer then go from there. He doesn't always respond right away so while you are waiting occupy yourself with Him, worship God and take things one step at a time.

LifeafterLHCF

I use to believe that it was impossible to please God. However my warped ritualistic view point made things harder than they should have been. I believe that God looks at our hearts and if our hearts are on him then he is pleased. As we grow in our love for God certain things won't have the same appeal anymore because you will know it isn't pleasing to your Father. Love means doing certain things because it will please him.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Amen........ !

This reminds me of when Gideon got discouraged and he went and hid,but God sent him an angel to tell him he was a mighty man of valour. I am never one to chase a feeling because feelings and emotions are so up and down and based on conditions. But I look and hope in the word. If u see you r not as connected as you should be let that encourage you,not push you from God. Start with one scripture a day and meditate on that and God will increase it..God said his thoughts concerning you are only good.God is for you. But you must look to Him,we can’t do this on our own strength.Rest in Him. Cry out to God REGARDLESS of how u feel because we know that no matter how we feel God STILL hears us. Put the seed in you which is His word and He will nurture it and cause it to grow!

God bless!

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie, again I KNOW that God is speaking through you. You see, God gave me that scripture back in 1998 when I was seeking Him on marriage and some other things I had going on in my life. I have always held on to that scripture and it's funny because each time God reminds me of that scripture it has new meaning. That is what is so awesome about God's word. A word that was given to me 14 years ago still applies to me even though I am going through something totally different now.

Happy birthday to sweet baby boy!!!

Wow! God is SO Awesome! I love His Word so much. New Every Morning, is His Word, like the fresh morning dew... all because He loves each of us, so deeply, so true.

Thank you for the birthday wishes for my little man. His party is this weekend. I'll share some pictures of him, who is now the age of 3. :Rose:

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Re-Read Proverbs 31... You dear one ARE doing what God has called you to do.

You are a wonderful wife and mother? God has called you to it. Where would they be spiritually without you? God upholds the Virtuous woman to fulfill the plans that He has for the lives of your husband and children, which is a Ministry that NO other woman can fulfill, other than you who was chosen.

Without you they'd be wayward... lost.. out of sync with the Holy Spirit. Who else but you is close enough to hear from God to pray for their specific needs other than yourself. Who knows the very number of their hairs next to God that your husband has combed from his head each day. Who else knows other than God, the rhythm of your husband's heartbeat and the yearning of his dreams which you as his HelpMeet (beyond) suitable, is able to see this fulfill, as you are the Minister who is called to prophesy into his life, releasing the power of God to flow and to follow him wherever he goes. You are the one, called... You. And you are indeed fulfilling your purpose ordained of God.

Who will protect and fight for your children protecting them from the wolves waiting in the schools, seeing your children as prey. There are many agendas, seeking to sift your husband and children as wheat...yet YOU are the Woman of Power unafraid to shoot back at these preditors whom you will not allow to come near the gift which God has given and called you to.

Wives will never be extinct, simply because of those such as you... who have proven to the world that you are indeed what God has called you to be... fruitful vine, grounded in Jesus...undefeated in life, womanhood and MARRIAGE.

:blowkiss:
Wow Shimmie, I know you were not addressing me but i really, REALLY appreciate I what you wrote here. I have fallen into this "too busy" trap with house, family, etc.
I could have written your post myself mrselle. And on top of it I'm feeling just completely inadequate & overwhelmed. like i cant keep up with anything. I've never in my life felt this way and it is scary. I believe in God though even when i dont believe in myself. I know he will help me. This thread is a blessing to me..i'm sorry for rambling all over the place

Shimmie

Staff member
Wow Shimmie, I know you were not addressing me but i really, REALLY appreciate I what you wrote here. I have fallen into this "too busy" trap with house, family, etc.
I could have written your post myself mrselle. And on top of it I'm feeling just completely inadequate & overwhelmed. like i cant keep up with anything. I've never in my life felt this way and it is scary. I believe in God though even when i dont believe in myself. I know he will help me. This thread is a blessing to me..i'm sorry for rambling all over the place

nurseN98 ...

:kiss: Who else can do it better than you, what God has called and trusted you to do? He said, be fruitful and mulitply and what we multiply we nurture and protect, as no one else can.