Torn

Hello Ladies I am torn over my hair. I always wear my hair in long full sew in weaves with a bang. (to cover my fivehead because its huge) But I recently decided to give my hair a break and wear it out to help me with my journey in the MN challenge, to keep track of my growth and give my hair a break. My dilemma is that I look funny without my weave. I love my weave I am used to it and my appearance is completely different with a weave I mean its almost a 360 turn around. I am trying to find the happy medium where I have a hairstyle that I feel compliments my forehead and face that I look good in and can still manage my challenge. Previously I attempted the MN Challenge it didn't work my weave was oily and shiny constantly, I had a hard time accessing my scalp, and many parts of my scalp I couldn't reach. But I miss my weave I feel like need my forehead covered or I look like a cone head with a long face.:nono: My hair is shoulder length and VERY VERY thin so without the weave I feel like I HAVE NO HAIR. I LIKE BUNS I think they are very pretty but it highlights my forehead. I am trying to work with my own hair and fight off this urge for weave but I don't know how. IT's also not helping because I am holding off on getting a perm because my hair is too thin for it so my edges and my kitchen are at war! I'm so lost don't know what do ill post pics so you can see what mean. I know this is a lot but any little advice helps.:yep: I have some pics of my hair on my profile

Attachments

• IMG_6283.jpg
    IMG_6283.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 201

PJaye

The best advice I can give you is to embrace your forehead while nursing your hair to better days. It’s going to take some time for you to become accustomed to seeing yourself without the weave, so be patient.

I’m looking at your picture and I don’t see anything that needs to be hidden. IMO, your hair looks very nice - it’s shiny, well kept and complements your face. Girl, unless the light refracting off your forehead is interfering with air traffic control and contributing to global warming, you are good to go.:yep:

Nayna

Unbothered
I dont think your forehead is bad at all but you know; I'm not in your shoes so I can't tell you how to feel. You can always make a wig and take it off at night to access your scalp.

Just remember that at some point you will have to deal with your hair. I had a rough time adjusting to myself weave less and natural. I thugged it out. Some days I felt ugly and others I felt decent. Eventually I felt like myself again and now I can wear a weave and wear my own hair and not feel any different.

Last edited:

BonBon

You're very pretty.

I agree, try and embrace it like Rihanna and suchlike. I remember when she went through a phase of covering it with fringes when people were talking trash. Now she wears it uncovered a lot and everyone seems to love it.

If that fails the other option is to get some bangs cut into your real hair.

I wonder if your hair is thin due to constant weaving? I know my hair got thinner when I was doing braids. Longer, but thinner:nono:

The best advice I can give you is to embrace your forehead while nursing your hair to better days. It’s going to take some time for you to become accustomed to seeing yourself without the weave, so be patient.

I’m looking at your picture and I don’t see anything that needs to be hidden. IMO, your hair looks very nice - it’s shiny, well kept and complements your face. Girl, unless the light refracting off your forehead is interfering with air traffic control and contributing to global warming, you are good to go.:yep:

Omg that's too funny thank you! It is going to take sometime I guess but guys don't really notice me without the hair :(

I dont think your forehead is bad at all but you know; I'm not in your shoes so I can't tell you how to feel. You can always make a wig and take it off at night to access your scalp.

Just remember that at some point you will have to deal with your hair. I had a rough time adjusting to myself weave less and natural. I thugged it out. Some days I felt ugly and others I felt decent. Eventually I felt like myself again and now I can wear a weave and wear my own hair and not feel any different.

Yes that's how I feel Except most of the time it's just ugly it's like I can't adjust. Its frustrating

You're very pretty.

I agree, try and embrace it like Rihanna and suchlike. I remember when she went through a phase of covering it with fringes when people were talking trash. Now she wears it uncovered a lot and everyone seems to love it.

If that fails the other option is to get some bangs cut into your real hair.

I wonder if your hair is thin due to constant weaving? I know my hair got thinner when I was doing braids. Longer, but thinner:nono:

Thank you. For me I've never had thick hair however it probably would be alittle thicker without the weaving in using jbco to try to thicken my Hair which is another reason why I cant wear weaves it's way too oily.

strawbewie

ladieluv2010 u are too cute... Don't let the forehead issues take that away... U wrote words that I have said to myself and others for years... Recently I started wearing my hair ( only a week) and wigs/ sew/in back in a bun....Required by internship.... I experimented with no bang and got lots of compliments but I upped my makeup and accessories..my DH always says all that hair hides my beauty
There are also lots of YouTube videos on faux buns

PJaye

Omg that's too funny thank you! It is going to take sometime I guess but guys don't really notice me without the hair :(

You are quite welcome. IMO, what's missing is the pep in your step that appears when you're feeling confident. Don't you think?

kupenda

Your forehead seems fine to me dear. I say, try a wig in the same style as how you normally wear your weave. And get a wig that exposes your forehead. Wear them both for a set period of time, even if the exposed one makes you anxious or uncomfortable. Wear it anyway, because there's no reason to not love how your face is built. It's not something fleeting, like hair. Your face is stuck with you forever

Lovingmywaves12

I'm looking at your picture and I don't see anything wrong with you. You are so beautiful as IS. I agree with the other poster that it seems that you haven't found YOUR confidence and that is probably why the guys don't notice you.

I know that it will take a while for you to feel comfortable, but I promise you it will get better and you will LOVE who you are, inside and out.

ladieluv2010 u are too cute... Don't let the forehead issues take that away... U wrote words that I have said to myself and others for years... Recently I started wearing my hair ( only a week) and wigs/ sew/in back in a bun....Required by internship.... I experimented with no bang and got lots of compliments but I upped my makeup and accessories..my DH always says all that hair hides my beauty
There are also lots of YouTube videos on faux buns

Thank you I think I will try to look at some bin tutorials for more ideas

Your forehead seems fine to me dear. I say, try a wig in the same style as how you normally wear your weave. And get a wig that exposes your forehead. Wear them both for a set period of time, even if the exposed one makes you anxious or uncomfortable. Wear it anyway, because there's no reason to not love how your face is built. It's not something fleeting, like hair. Your face is stuck with you forever

I hate wigs but since there are many suggestions I may but I have to find a natural looking one

I'm looking at your picture and I don't see anything wrong with you. You are so beautiful as IS. I agree with the other poster that it seems that you haven't found YOUR confidence and that is probably why the guys don't notice you.

I know that it will take a while for you to feel comfortable, but I promise you it will get better and you will LOVE who you are, inside and out.

Thank you!!!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I dont think your for head is big but I do think your hair line is a litte far back. It may just be the lighting. how long have you been wearing weaves?

I would say to take a break from the fake hair and relaxers to try and see if your thickness comes back.

Also if you chose to go the bunning route i would suggest buns and updos that are more textured and loose so your hair will look fuller and wont cause your hair additional stress.

Papoose

The Phoenix
ladieluv2010: Girl, get comfortable in the skin that you're in! I have you by a decade, but I can attest to the insecurity that I felt back then. Now the only opinion that matters is mine. Your forehead is fine. Embrace it! I was in the same shoes as some of the previous posters: braids were my crutch. My hair was thin & my edges sucked! I had no idea what to do with my natural hair. Now I embrace it. Sometimes I wig it, most times I don't. As for those dudes that don't notice you, forget 'em. Better to have guys approach you for you rather than the weave you're rockin...

I dont think your for head is big but I do think your hair line is a litte far back. It may just be the lighting. how long have you been wearing weaves?

I would say to take a break from the fake hair and relaxers to try and see if your thickness comes back.

Also if you chose to go the bunning route i would suggest buns and updos that are more textured and loose so your hair will look fuller and wont cause your hair additional stress.

Hmmm textured buns ?! That sounds cool how would I achieve that look?

ladieluv2010: Girl, get comfortable in the skin that you're in! I have you by a decade, but I can attest to the insecurity that I felt back then. Now the only opinion that matters is mine. Your forehead is fine. Embrace it! I was in the same shoes as some of the previous posters: braids were my crutch. My hair was thin & my edges sucked! I had no idea what to do with my natural hair. Now I embrace it. Sometimes I wig it, most times I don't. As for those dudes that don't notice you, forget 'em. Better to have guys approach you for you rather than the weave you're rockin...

Amen! But I do feel like the extra hair makes me look better and makes me more confident. We that hair leaves my confident leaves to because I just can't find that style fit for me idk I wish this hair would hurry up and do something!

KittyMeowMeow

For more volume, embrace the frizz! Don't try to get your hair stick-straight when using heat. Be lighthanded with products so you don't weigh your hair down. Do lots of airdryed styles like braidouts, twistouts & bantu outs for more volume.

I think your forehead is fine! Try a deep side part if you wanna hide it a little though. Use a cute clip to hold it on the other side if necessary. I often PS with a deep side part & a low side messy bun.

It will take a little time for you to adjust to seeing yourself with your own hair. Have fun trying stuff out!