Totally impresseed with ORS products

beana3

Just wanted to share.. I've been using a certain program for 4 weeks and so far so good. Instead of my 3 month challenge i'm going to up it to 5 b/c i feel like this regime is and will continue to do wonders for my hair..
I'm in love with ORS carrot oil.. it made my hair feel sooo soft and it GLEAMS with shine. Also, it adds weight (it used a lot though). BTW weight on my hair looks wonderful, it makes it very rich looking.
ORS olive oil sheen, does wnders for a shiny look after my wet set... i apply it to my rolled hair before i sit under the drier and my hair looks like it has more depth to it wehen dry.
ORS mayo is a staple, pure softness. very good conditioning. after 4 weeks of consistent use my hair is transforming.
Yeah these products are really effective. I'm not one for product loyalty,,but this line gets my vote.
I also love Breakthru shampoo (5x better than Creme of Nature IMO) no sulfates.. and i leaves my hair really soft and preps it for the conditioner.
Motions also makes this awesome detangler that has really helped me minimize shedding/breakage during my combout.. i'm talking about from 75 hairs to 10!!!!!!!
my mom cut another inch off my hair last night (she did it while dry) she sprayed Aroscit leavein on the ends and applied WGO oil to seal it and then i put my hair in a bun and went to sleep, YAY only 1.5 more inches of damaged hair.,.. .5 coming off in 3 weeks and the rest in late january. I didn't have the courage to cut 3.5 inches of hair off at once so i decided to do it every 3-4 weeks, so i could accumlate a bit of growth in between.
In case your wondering why i keep cutting my hair and not letting the growth be seen, its simple. My first hair goal is health, once i have health then i'll concentrate on growth.

LondonDiva

Beana I'm glad you love the ORS line. I have to agree with your product recommendation there about the carrot oil and the mayo. absolute must haves for me. I actually added olive oil, WGO to the last of my carrot oil to carry it through a bit longer and the results were even better than the carrot oil on its own.

The breakthru shampoo, now that sounds familiar. My CON shampoo is about to run out and your hair sounds very similar to mine especially when you mentioned about the air drying making your hair seem frizzy and it feels and looks better after a blow drying. Which company make breakthru, would you be able to post a link to a picture to see if they would have it available in my hair store please?

pebbles

Hi beana3,

I love the ORS Mayo. It leaves my hair nice and soft as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BlkMane

I've been using Queen Helene Cholesterol for so many years, but after hearing the raving reviews for ORS (especially from LondonDiva), I've decided to buy some ORS mayo when my QH runs out. One question, can someone post a photo of the products? Not sure what they look like.

Also, is the mayo a PROTEIN conditioner? And if so, does ORS make a strictly MOISTURIZING conditioner? I can't use too much protein on my hair.

BTW- Beana--congrats on your successful journey towards hair health. Health IS the most important thing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

notsomebody

Yes, ORS is a protein conditioner, but it contains such small amounts of protein in comparison to the amount of moisturizing conditioners in it. I generally add EVOO to it and don't worry about following it with a moisturizing conditioner- Although I do use a cream rinse if after rinsing, my hair feels drier than normal. I tend to alternate between this and the Fantasia Aloe conditioner, using evoo and honey in both.
Actually, ORS is so moisturizing, that I use it as a leave in sometimes when I want something really creamy on my hair. I think this is ok simply because I rinse my hair between washes. So I don't worry about build up.
I am actually, planning to experiment this weekend with an EVOO and Honey rinse, just not sure how to go about it. Since the honey is so sticky when I don't mix it with a conditioner, I am kind of iffy on it. I figure I still have plenty of conditioners under my sink that I have to use before I buy anything new that this may be what I use.

Robin41

LondonDiva, Breakthru Fortifying Moisture Shampoo is made by Soft Sheen and it comes in an orange container. It's a little pricey and less sudsy than other shampoos because it has no sulfates but I swear by this shampoo. It's my favorite. There are other products in the Breakthru line but I haven't tried any of those.

LondonDiva

Thank you Robin. Yes I can picture the hair product, the magazine advert and where it is located on the shelf in my local hair shop. LOL talk about junkie.

I think this will be my next shampoo choice then to try out. BUT ONLY AFTER I have finsihed my current one.

daviine

Has anyone tried their jojoba creme or whatever it's called? It sounded like it may be good.

BlkMane

LondonDiva-

Thanks for the link....now, I just have to make myself resist buying it until my QH runs out! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have seen the ORS products in the store.

beana3

londondiva: yeah i think we do have similiar hair textures, as you pointed out our hair responds similarily to certain products. You're the one that encouraged me to rediscover the ORS... I must thank you for that!!! OH, and tomorrow i'll post the imgredients to the Breakthru shampoo. It is pricey about $7 for 8oz, but its well worth it.

As far as the ORS being a protein conditioner, that it is, but i dont think its a significant amount that would dry the hair out. I used it for 4 weeks str8 and all i've noticed is softer, shinier hair, with less breakage. It contains cholesterol and other moisturizing ingredients and leaves my hair softer than anyhting i've ever tried, even QH.

beana3

londondiva... i know the ingredients don't look as good as the CON, but just give it a try. I've used so called "natural" (a lot on enticing ingredients) products on my hair and they've done absolutely nothing. dont get me wrong CON, is good, but breakthru has it hands down!!!

Water, trideceth-7 Carboxylic acid, disodium cocoaphodipropinate, gycolic stearate, fragrance, polyquaternium-10, salic acid, sodium methyl cocoyl laurate, phenoxythanol, sucrose, methylparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tetrasodium edta, propylene glycol, hydrolyzed oats, matricaria extract, yarrow extract, hops extract, balm mint extract.

WHEW, i felt like a scientist! BTW have you ever tried the elucence shampoo??? I wanted to soo bad when everyone was raving about it, but then i tried the kenra intensive emollient conditioner amd hated it!! so that kept me away, i figured i wouldn't have much success with the line. I wanted to know how your hair responded to the elucence stuff (i'm hoping youll say it wasn't that great) so then i'll know if we're official hair twins!!!

LondonDiva

Beana,

Thanks for taking the time out to list those ingredients I know how tedious those long a$$ names you can't pronounce let alone type can be.

Don't worry the Breakthru is the NEXT shampoo on the list. I do like the CON but with shampoos I'm always looking for that special one to call home. I found my conditioners and have to say the the Eluncence one honestly isn't it for me. I ordered that when a lot of women raved about it on here months back. Let's just say I haven't picked it up in quite a while as a regular conditioner or as a leave in. I'm also glad it never really did anything for me because i couldn't afford to have it shipped over. It's way too expensive. Don't get me wrong the ingredients are lovely and all and I'm sure some of their other products work fine, but it wasn't rich or creamy enough and never made an impact on my hair like the ORS or CPR does. I use the Africa's Best Leave In Hair Mayo as a leave in, just to detangle my hair and make comb thrus easier. It feels like eggs and has a wonderful slip feel. It's great on the damp hair to just come through and detangle. I've never FELT a product like it before.

Thanks again /images/graemlins/laugh.gif