Totally Side-eying Hairfinity

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I kindly decline all offers to review vitamins. I do take vitamins but all are from vitamin stores - GNC or Vitacost. I take vitamins for overall health not hair growth. Vitamins don't provide me with magical growth anyway. And besides, something about using vitamins from hair companies scare me. I just don't trust they are my safest option out of all vitamin brands available on the market (no receipts on this, just my personal feelings). So with that, totally not interested.

Last edited:

krissyhair

I kindly decline all offers to review vitamins. I do take vitamins but all are from vitamin stores - GNC or Vitacost. I take vitamins for overall health not hair growth. Vitamins don't provide me with magical growth anyway. And besides, something about using vitamins from hair companies scare me. I just don't trust they are my safest option out of all vitamin brands available on the market (not receipts on this, just my personal feelings). So with that, totally not interested.

And how are we supposed to rely on consumer reviews for vitamins? Are they checking their vitamin levels in their blood? Measuring accurately average hair growth 6 months before taking the vitamins and 6 months after? I can't dig it.

Royalq

The best thing we can do is stop letting companies take advantage of us. Stop blogging and vlogging and for free for companies that don't give a rat's behind. Just talk about hair care and reggies. Start talking about hair experiences. These companies think they can kick us down some free product and get a person to do a 10 min review and promo vid for free. They use social media's personable likeness and integrity to push their products. Enough is enough.

This needs to be passed around and this company needs to get their business from somewhere else. Let the mainstream run out and order 4-6 a week and do videos and blogs for free.

This. This is why we end up getting screwed by the like of shea moisture and many others. We love our subbies and love our hair and just want to share information. We purchase the product with our own money and give a glowing review to thousands for FREE. The company benefits off our backs then kicks us down in favor for the mainstream. I know many dont like her but Taren Guy said something similar about wanting to get paid for advertising. Toooo many black vloggers promote wigs and products for zilch and we never get represented. They need to stick to hair styles., regimens, and length checks. Nothing more. Im tired of seeing my sisters used and abused.
They know good and well them white chicks dont care about hair vitamins anyways. We should all pull out and see how far they get. They began with Teyanna Taylor and somehow transformed into Kim Kardashian???? chile bye

FlawedBeauty

The problem with not blogging or vlogging for free is that who is going to take the word of someone being paid to review a product. After all, any company that is paying for someone to review is not going to pay for a bad review.

Royalq

The problem with not blogging or vlogging for free is that who is going to take the word of someone being paid to review a product. After all, any company that is paying for someone to review is not going to pay for a bad review.
But the opposite is what is happening currently. Blog for free and give good reviews, the company profits without spending a dime and you get nothing for your review. Meanwhile they pony up thousands for someone else to give a positive review. You both did the same exact thing so why is the other getting paid and not you?

ScorpioBeauty09

I just watched the video (I'm a long-term HF user) and I'm confused right now. Maybe things are different in the UK but as far as what I've seen in the US, it wasn't just natural, black users that use HF. I don't spend a lot of time watching natural hair videos on YouTube but on the FB page there've always been people from around the world asking if HF would work on their hair if they aren't black.

Second, WomanintheJungle admits HF didn't work for her so why is she concerned with a product that she presumably doesn't even use?

Third, she said that in France there were natural hair bloggers at their press event. And that HF said there would be another event just for natural hair users in the UK. (She took that as trying to separate natural haired ladies from the mainstream.)

I can kinda see why she's mad but I think she's jumping the gun a little too quickly. I just did some research Keisha Knight Pulliam is still the brand ambassador and Reginae Carter is the brand ambassador for juniors. Where the Kardashians came in was they started using it and that's how they got invited. I don't like the Kardashians but I get why HF would want to use them to get attention. Other celebrities like Taraji Henson uses them but we all know she's busy doing Empire and other things (because she actually has talent).

Just my .02.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
And how are we supposed to rely on consumer reviews for vitamins? Are they checking their vitamin levels in their blood? Measuring accurately average hair growth 6 months before taking the vitamins and 6 months after? I can't dig it.

I don't use consumer reviews for vitamins krissyhair so I don't know how to answer your questions. I spoke to my dr about my vitamin selections. My friend took Hairfinity though and had great success. I'm unsure what she based that off of since she's not into this hair thing like us.

greenandchic

I kindly decline all offers to review vitamins. I do take vitamins but all are from vitamin stores - GNC or Vitacost. I take vitamins for overall health not hair growth. Vitamins don't provide me with magical growth anyway. And besides, something about using vitamins from hair companies scare me. I just don't trust they are my safest option out of all vitamin brands available on the market (not receipts on this, just my personal feelings). So with that, totally not interested.

I have a friend who works in the supplement industry on the raw material level and there are a lot of BSers out there. I need to get an idea where they're sourcing their materials from (China?), and if the levels are what they say they are. Granted I haven't looked on their website to see if they have any info but its not like they're claiming to be a nutraceuticals company either.

With that said, Ill pass as well.