Trader Joe's Pure Castile Soap (yay or nay)

preciouslove0x

Yes another shampoo question... I searched the archives and couldn't find the answer

So anyway I use pure castile soap to shampoo my hair once a week. However, I leave my hair in flat twists 3 days out of the week and moisturize twice a day. I'm just wondering... is it okay too use an all natural shampoo more than once a week?? I love the way my twist outs look right after I shampoo and I try to wear them the whole week but I can't because product buildup keeps my hair from maintaining the curls...

Here are the ingredients:
water, potassium cocoate (derived from coconut), potassium tallate (derived from pine), glycerin, olive oil, peppermint oil, aloe vera

TIA :spinning:

msa

If your hair and scalp feels fine, then stick with it.

I could never use castile soap that often, even diluted. It's too strong for my scalp and hair.

southerncitygirl

I hate the trader joes castile soap...tore my skin my up!!! Get dr. bronners instead. i agree that it should be heavily diluted

isawstars

I wouldn't do it... Personally... I think it's very drying. Maybe you should try a gentle "shampoo" like hair one.

aegis

ive personally never found castille soap to be drying. i don't think i even dilute it. i even use it on my face.