transitioners, i have questions for you

ive decided to transition :grin:, im soooo excited about it. i was wondering how long did it take you to transition. i know this journey will be approximately a year++ but i know it will be worth it, and any advice on my transition

ive just started so i have a long way to go.. i dont plan to BC, i will grow out with braids, twist, bunning, etc

thanks ladies

Mook's hair

Congratulations on your decision. How far along are you so far?

I suggest looking through some of the recent transitioning threads. It helps to have one or two buddies to help with the transition. It's good to make contact with those who are at the same time frame of their transition and those that are much farther along and can tell you about how they handled the ups & downs.

Here are some threads for you to browse.
What made YOU decide to transition w/out a BC???
"Naked" Hair Pics - find your texture twin!

New Challenge, Stay Natural in '08

PM me any time.

Marand13

I transitioned two times. The first was out of a bone straight relaxer, transitioned for a year and BC'ed. Then I texturized one time in may06. Decided I would rather be all natural and I have about 1" left that i will be cutting off very soon.
My main advice would be to not let the ends thin out from breakage at the demarcation line. Braids and twists will be your best friend further down the line. Frequent cowashing and moisture/protein balance will keep the hair healthy and prevent breakage.:yep: