Transitioners, Texlaxers, Stretchers, Relaxed...lend me your ear! Halo only relaxers?

Diva_Esq

Ladies...HELP!

Does anyone on here do HALO ONLY relaxers/ texlaxers???? :dazed:

Basically, that is what my old stylist called just lightly relaxing/ texlaxing about a 1/2 inch of new growth around your edges periodically, but not the whole head. (Thus, halo!)

Does anyone do this? Think it'd be damaging? Work for you? Advise against it? HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

peony

Re: Transitioners, Texlaxers, Stretchers, Relaxed...lend me your ear! Halo only relax

I used to do that years ago as a natural head. I'd just leave a mild formula relaxer on for a couple of minutes. Nothing bad ever happened and it was nice to not tie down my edges for a couple of weeks. I could imagine pretty bad results though if the relaxer creeped back a little too far or the edges weren't adequately neutralized.

Diva_Esq

Re: Transitioners, Texlaxers, Stretchers, Relaxed...lend me your ear! Halo only relax

I used to do that years ago as a natural head. I'd just leave a mild formula relaxer on for a couple of minutes. Nothing bad ever happened and it was nice to not tie down my edges for a couple of weeks. I could imagine pretty bad results though if the relaxer creeped back a little too far or the edges weren't adequately neutralized.

Thanks for replying. Do you remember about how far you relaxed? 1/4 of an inch all around? Less? More?

BUMPING FOR MORE REPLIES! :ohwell:

peony

I'd comb forward the short hairs at the very edge, and just do that part, if that makes sense.

Diva_Esq

I'd comb forward the short hairs at the very edge, and just do that part, if that makes sense.

Makes sense. I don't really have many. My hair is long, including edges. I fear that even if I just relaxed/ texlaxed my halo, that as the rest of my hair grew out natural, I'd have this layer of straight hair around my perimeter when I wore it wavy/ curly. :nono: But I don't like sticky uppy edges!

Garnier Fructis' wax works well for my edges too, but I was just wondering about halos!

Thanks for answering! :grin:

Diva_Esq

bumpity bump bump!

AllAboutMoi

What is the halo? Edges?

Diva_Esq

bumping for more responses