Transitioning... with flakes?

LivingDol1

for the last few weeks, i have noticed that my scalp is flakey! it's really annoying. i wash my hair with shampoo once a week and i wash with conditioner only once a week. so i wash my hair every 3-4 days.

if i section my hair in 4 sections to wash, i get flakes. if i just wash my hair without sectioning, i get flakes...

i haven't relaxed my hair in 11 months. i never had this problem when i was relaxed.

i'm not sure if i want to be natural if i am having to constantly deal with a flaky scalp. my hair is naturally very dark. it's not a cute look!

any suggestions?

RadiantBeauty

I am currently experiencing some flakes during this winter season myself. Last year I was taking flaxseed oil gel capsules regularly and never experienced flakes at all. I have them now and I just started taking them again. I know flaxseed oil, when taken internally, helps with dry skin. You should give it a try.:yep:

glamazon386

Is your scalp dry? It may be your shampoo. Sulfate shampoos give my scalp white patches/flakes. It also could be product buildup.

ladysaraii

Switch to a sulfate free shampoo
Do an ACV rinse when you wash
Add tea tree oil

That might be a good start to help you. I've had to fight the flakes as well

SimJam

and if u try all the home remedy things and nothing works u may need to see a your GP or dermatologist

LivingDol1

ACV rinse? i've never tried that. if that's a home remedy, i simply just don't have the time.

i'll try clarifying. i honestly haven't done that for a few months.

Letta

I have seborric dermetitis (sp) and when I was transitioning and didn't have the money for my rx, I used Nizoral. It worked so much better then t-gel, sulfer 8, and all those others. It also has a clean scent and not harsh or medicine smelling. Its really moisturizing (atleast in my experience). It is a bit pricey though for its size. But if you google Nizoral coupon or something, you may find a 2 or 3 dollar off coupon.