Stupid flakes!!!!

Desert Skye

I am so irritated by my head. I have these huge flakes in my hair and I dont understand why because

-My head isnt itchy
-I use head and shoulders extra strength dandruff shampoo
-I do clarify and I dont use lots of products so I dont believe it is buildup
-I wash at the very least once a week

I thought about oiling my scalp but the problem with that is it makes my hair limp. Any advice or should I just shave off all my hair and call it a day? :rofl:

Shave all your hair off and Call it a Day!

Just Kidding!!!! LOL!!!!

Maybe you need a Moisturing shampoo after you use the dandruff shampoo, My daughter had this problem and she would have huge flakes like her scalp was shedding and it was in her hair, so I started using Tea Tree Oil Shampoo & Conditioner, it is a Generic version of Paul Mitchell and it helps so much and it tingles well, Maybe you should dab oil on your finger or a cotton pad and apply it to your scalp. But I had also purchased Oyins Greg Juice and I would just spritz it on her scalp because Oil would run everywhere and by the time she go play it would be all rubbed off, But the Oyin helped to Eliminate the Flakes on her scalp and her hair and it has great ingredients and you just spritz it and go it workd great on My daughters hair and scalp.

But I am sure will get plenty more great advice!
Good Luck!

It sounds like you're allergic to something that you're using. I had huge flakes after using Shin Min (a topical growth aid) and Surge. They both caused huge flakes that literally made me feel like my scalp was peeling up.

Head and Shoulders can be drying. That could also be the culprit. I would suggest a pre poo of olive oil and then a moisturizing deep condition, rinse with cool water and try to airdry if at all possible. (Blow drying can dry out the scalp as well).

I'm sure other ladies will chime in with other suggestions. I hope it works out for you. (hugs)

I agree that Head & Shoulders can be drying, which may lead to more scalp flakes. Maybe you could try a biotin shampoo & conditioner? Biotin is reported to help relieve dandruff symptoms. I would recommend the poo & con from Jason's Naturals.

Maybe too much use of the clarifying shampoo? Also, Sulfer helps...even just purchasing sulfer8 from a drug store.

lana said:
Head and Shoulders can be drying. That could also be the culprit. I would suggest a pre poo of olive oil and then a moisturizing deep condition, rinse with cool water and try to airdry if at all possible. (Blow drying can dry out the scalp as well).

I'm sure other ladies will chime in with other suggestions. I hope it works out for you. (hugs)

Now you mentioned it, I think my dryer I use to roller set may be the cause of my flakes. I have been in a rush and not having an hour or more to sit under it, I have raised the temperature so it would dry faster.

I have dry skin so I must have a dry scalp as well.

NappyParadise said:
Maybe you need a Moisturing shampoo after you use the dandruff shampoo, My daughter had this problem and she would have huge flakes like her scalp was shedding and it was in her hair, so I started using Tea Tree Oil Shampoo & Conditioner, it is a Generic version of Paul Mitchell and it helps so much and it tingles well, Maybe you should dab oil on your finger or a cotton pad and apply it to your scalp. But I had also purchased Oyins Greg Juice and I would just spritz it on her scalp because Oil would run everywhere and by the time she go play it would be all rubbed off, But the Oyin helped to Eliminate the Flakes on her scalp and her hair and it has great ingredients and you just spritz it and go it workd great on My daughters hair and scalp.

But I am sure will get plenty more great advice!
Good Luck!

Going to look for this product because I love things that make my scalp tingle. I am thinking I do need a more moisturising dandruff shampoo because other people in my family who are using the head and shoulders are starting to have flakes in their hair too.

Back