Treating bald spots & thinning hair with ginger. Who tried it?

I wonder if you could just use ginger tea? I have some ginger tea. Maybe I will try it.

it works so does cinnamon....eo's that feel warm or cooling effect the circulation. i would use the essential oil diluted for less mess:yep:

Last edited:
I have heard of and read about finely shaving fresh ginger root and applying to balding areas as a poultice, and also using fresh ginger juice applied topically. I imagine real ginger EO and tea would also work well. The use of ginger for thinning hair and circulation issues in other parts of the body is well known in the Asian community. Ancient Chinese medicine calls for its use in that manner (as a poultice for balding/thinning and applied to arthritic joints).

In my recent search for info on the benefits of using onion juice (which is supposed to help with shedding and bald spots) I came across several references to ginger juice being good for stimulating growth.

This thread made me pull out & re-order my Liquid Gold Ginger Hair Crème. Also, Afroveda has a Ginger Root Pomade that I like.

If I place another order from Hennasooq, I'll order some Cocoveda Oil (I've been wanting to try that anyway).

And I may pick up some Ginger Root at the Grocer (Produce Section) and Steep some like a Tea for a Rinse.

My sister was just telling me to juice an organic onion and treat my thinning areas with it. I wonder if I can mix both the ginger root and onion together.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@KiWiStyle

I know @Seamonster does an Onion Recipe too.

Sounds like an interesting Combo (Onion & Ginger Root).

I plan to buy/try Steep some Root for a Hair Rinse for stimulation. I might throw in some Horsetail or other Tea with it.

Okay this is very interesting to me since I already make fresh ginger root tea which I drink to combat joint pain and I must admit, it works very well. I have even used it as a poultice on my wrist and it worked.

Now I have a new use for it. I'll use it like IDareT'sHair, as a tea rinse on my scalp. It has a strong spicy flavor when I make a tea with it and I actually like that a lot.

Thanks for this thread OP.

Aggie

I love the way it Tastes, but I've only purchased the Tea in Tea Bag form (Yogi Brand). :drool:

And Love the Sugared Crystallized pieces from the Health Food Store. Sweet & Hot and Spicy all at the same time.:lick:

I use fresh smashed ginger and smashed garlic tea with other herbs (infused together on my stove) mostly to reduce shed but not for the purpose of balding spots since that is not my issue. Heavy shedding is though, which obviously can lead to thinning.

Works just fine. No ill effects.

I have some ginger tea in the cabinet. I am going to try that next week. I tried the fresh ginger and it was a little too much for me. I will try the easy way first.

faithVA

You mean the 'strength'? or Grating it etc...? :look:

Lemme know before I run out there & buy it tomorrow.:lol:

*shoot.I.ain't.tryna'.do.a.whole.lotta.work*:yawn:

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];18839765]faithVA

You mean the 'strength'? or Grating it etc...? :look:

Lemme know before I run out there & buy it tomorrow.:lol:

*shoot.I.ain't.tryna'.do.a.whole.lotta.work*:yawn:

I think a bit of both. My scalp is sensitive and I think it was too intense for my scalp. I felt uncomfortable leaving it on. I like to do my tea rinse before applying my conditioner and didn't feel comfortable leaving the ginger water on my hair and then applying heat :nono:

Preparing it wasn't really that bad, but having it in a tea bag is more convenient.

I find that moderation works for me and I think using fresh ginger is just too extreme for my scalp.

@faithVA

Thank you for that detailed response.

Tea Bags would be the easy route for me. But I know I'd end up drinking it, instead of Rinsing with. :lick:

The actual Ginger Root....No Doubt I'd rinse with that.:lol:

That ginger sounds nice. You could mix it with onions, I mix red peppers with mine, but I might try ginger, it would smell a little better

My sister was just telling me to juice an organic onion and treat my thinning areas with it. I wonder if I can mix both the ginger root and onion together.

KiWiStyle when I did research on ginger and onion juice for thinning/balding I read that you should definitely not mix the two. I can't remember where I read it but I've used both and never mixed them for that reason. Instead I alternated them (until I moved on to something else :spinning:)

KiWiStyle when I did research on ginger and onion juice for thinning/balding I read that you should definitely not mix the two. I can't remember where I read it but I've used both and never mixed them for that reason. Instead I alternated them (until I moved on to something else :spinning:)

Thanks for the heads up...I plan to alternate the two.

Back