Tresemme Keratin Smooth?

CluelessJL

I was looking for something with protein to use after my relaxer tomorrow and picked this up initially as it had hydrolyzed keratin in the first few ingredients. But then I read the description and it was talking about the keratin smoothing and flattening each strand; like you'd use the product if you were trying to get straighter, flatter hair. Which is definitely not the case after a relaxer! Then I thought about keratin straightening treatments and realised I'm confused...

I thought keratin was protein, so would help repair hair strands after a relaxer? How can it also cause straightening? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious or there are already threads on this - if there are I wasn't searching the right phrases!

I don't know the direct answers to your question, but i've used that product lol.
I personally did not like it at all. I tried to use it as a protein/to make my hair smoother after straightening, but it honestly just made it kinda crunchy to me. I use it on my weave, though...lol it does make the hair straighter and stronger feeling, weirdly enough. For me, Argan oil is the one.

Are you looking for something to use during the mid-protein step (applying a protein-laden conditioner to your hair before neutralizing) of the relaxing process?

Are you looking for something to use during the mid-protein step (applying a protein-laden conditioner to your hair before neutralizing) of the relaxing process?

No; I'm not quite brave enough to self relax yet :) was just looking for something to use during my first post-relaxer wash.

I've smelled the bottle of this shampoo and conditioner at the store and was in ecstasy. It smells like rain from heaven. Definitely want to try it one day but I don't think it's something anyone should be using as their regular shampoo and conditioner. Only for the times your straightening. Because of the keratin, you don't want to overload your hair with protein.

No; I'm not quite brave enough to self relax yet :) was just looking for something to use during my first post-relaxer wash.

I definitely understand. In that case, I recommend the Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner because it's a highly effective low cost conditioner with great ingredients (e.g., keratin for strength, collagen for elasticity, peppermint essential oil for increased circulation) and phenomenal slip. Other recommendations would include the Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstuctor and Colorful Neutral Protein Filler; the latter is a clear, multipurpose liquid. whose strength can be adjusted as needed. All of these conditioners can be found on the ground in brick and mortar stores. HTH.

Back