Trying out waistlength hair...

kitchen_tician

WoW! These look really good. They are so neat and nicely braided. I think $180.00 is a good price. Did you have more than one person braiding at a time. Where did you get them done?

Oh yeah, you are the queen of Fotki Albums. /images/graemlins/king.gif

ChocoKitty

Very nice! I've got soo many questions for you...
How long do you plan to keep them?
How often will you wash them?
How long did it take?
What type of hair did you use?

Mariaat40

Looks great! How are you enjoying the length? Do you like it enough that you would want to have your own hair grow that long?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Kitchen Tician- Thanks! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I got them done in South Philly. The shop is on South Street. It is call Fatima's African Hair Braiding.

Boadicea - Thanks! I will try to keep the braids for at least two months.

Divastate - Thanks!

Chocokitty -
How long do you plan to keep them? 2 months
How often will you wash them? I only plan to wash them once weekly
How long did it take? It took 6 1/2 hours
What type of hair did you use? they used regular kanekalon hair that was blowdried for silky straightness

Honi-Looking at the pics again they do look like tailbone length. They only feel heavy at bedtime. I am having a teeny bit of trouble tying them up for sleepy time.

Mariaat- Thanks! I think I would enjoy the length more if I "eventually" grew it. As of now it seems just a little bit too much. The older it gets the easier it is for my to manage. I may not feel that way if I ever grow my own hair to this length. I mean, I went from shoulder length to beyond waist in a few hours. It's definetly an adjustment.

A

anks

Wow....your hair looks great! How long are you planning on keeping them?

NGC

DSD your braids look great! I'm tempted to get some done /images/graemlins/smile.gif

J

JenniferMD

OH MY! They're super long! They look great on you though /images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope you get lots of growth in the two months!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
wow thats alot of hair you go dsd

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost missed this post Ms. Portugal!

It is a lot of hair and I am slowly getting used to it!

I get all kinds of stares and questions because of it!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Thanks TBCool, Asummertyme, NGC, JenniferMD, Carlie!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

@ TBCool, I plan on keeping them at least 2 months

@ NGC, go ahead and get your some /images/graemlins/poke.gif

@ JenniferMD, Thanks! I hope so too!!

aqualung

Having tried out the braids, do you still want waist length hair, DSD? These braids are very well done... but I'd say waist length hair is toooooo long. It's borderline frumpy and it dramatically ages 20- and 30-something women, IMHO.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Thanks!

I think I still want to let my hair grow that long. Once I get there I will make up my mind whether or not I want to keep it that long.

Healthb4Length

Wow they look so nice! I just finished mine, I watched RObin's video and did them, they took about three days and I can say that I am proud of myself. They are a little heavy...Yours are so neat and beautiful!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
DSD do you worry about these braids being too heavy on your new growth? I love the look but would be scared that the weight of them would put too much tension on my new growth. The braids look very nice and the price was seemed very reasonable.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Wow they look so nice! I just finished mine, I watched RObin's video and did them, they took about three days and I can say that I am proud of myself. They are a little heavy...Yours are so neat and beautiful!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks and congrats to you on finishing your braids!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
DSD do you worry about these braids being too heavy on your new growth? I love the look but would be scared that the weight of them would put too much tension on my new growth. The braids look very nice and the price was seemed very reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!

Good point!

I do worry about the hairline so I have been wearing them pulled back into a loose ponytail to avoid the extra stress.

MizAvalon

I used to wear waist length crochet braids back when they were popular and I got so much attention, you will too. You wouldn't believe how many white people actually believed they were my real hair! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
I used to wear waist length crochet braids back when they were popular and I got so much attention, you will too. You wouldn't believe how many white people actually believed they were my real hair! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know what you mean about attention!

I do keep getting these weird stares from some white women.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Nice braids.

Is waist length your goal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Allandra!!

I would like to try for waistlength but if keeps on growing after that, I will take that too!!

brickhouse

Hey DSD /images/graemlins/wave.gif. You are my braid inspiration. I am still contemplating tree braids. I found someone in Forest Park that does them for a little over $100. I am still scared because they conrow your hair so tight and I don't want to lose any hair. I am really suffering bad from my seb dermatitis so I am going to wait for a couple of months. I love your waist lenght braids. Are they individuals or box braids?