TWA - Headbands and edges (pics)

Baje

I asked this question over at BHM but I just wonder if you guys have any suggestions as well.

I really love the look of headbands and scarves on my TWA but my edges are in some serious trouble.

I've always had a problem with my thin edges but it appears to be more genetics than anything because I never really wore my hair in ponytails or even wore headbands before becoming natural.

I've been using Megatek and MN on and off to keep the hair that I've got but there has been no significant change in its density.

The problem is I have a TWA that gets kinda unruly and its easy to maintain with headbands/scarves. Neither are very tight and I actually stretch the headband before to ensure that it doesn't put too much pressure on my edges.

I still scared sh**less that this will cause damage however. My cousin is bald on her sides :perplexed

Any thoughts or experiences?

Last edited:

Baje

Thanks guys but the pictures don't depict the real problem. I guess you would have to see it in person.

BeetleBug

If you think the headbands might contribute to the thinness, maybe you can ease up a little on them. Try wearing the headband every x amount of days so your hairline can rest.

Baje

Hmm...maybe I'm just being paranoid. I just dont recall it being this thin when I was younger so I figured it was something I was doing. When I was relaxed I used to think it was the relaxer cauising the thiness but now Im fully natural.

I guess I will try to wear the headbands on days its looking particularly crazy. Its just that my boss is beginning to stare at me funny when I walk in with some wild afro hair lol :grin:

Leeda.the.Paladin

If your'e worried, you can switch to some silk or satin scarves instead of the headbands. Moisturize your edges well before you wear the headbands, maybe seal with a little oil.

MummysGirl

Your edges are definitely ok!
I have fine strands and my edges look so bad in the wrong light... sometimes I take pictures and my edges look worse than they are!
I agree with using silk scarves if you feel the headbands are a problem...