Twa Sista's That Bc'd, Plz Come In...

Tr3na

Hey Yawl'!

I've tried searching for 2014-2015 TWA pics, regimen's and pros/cons of "your" natural hair...Since I couldn't find any posts(maybe I wasn't researching correctly), I decided to start my own.

1. When did You BC? September 5, 2014
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? When? Yes; shaped ;March 2015
  3. Regimen? Cowash-2x week w/Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat or Smooth As Silk. Giovanni's Direct leave-in mixed w/MTG, followed with Aunt Jackie's "Don't Shrink" flaxseed gel. Air dry...
  4. Likes of being natural? Thicker/healthier strands, versatile; curly/straight, Cheaper on my pockets.
  5. Dislikes of being natural? SHRINKAGE.kOm!
I'd love to share my pics, but for some reason I cannot upload pics via my iPad...Any suggestions?

Brwnbeauti

1. When did You BC? March 2015
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? Not yet but I need to
  3. Regimen? still figuring it out, co washing several times, shampooing as needed- based on product use
  4. Likes of being natural? Low maintenance (so far)
  5. Dislikes of being natural? SHRINKAGE.kOm, still try a figure out styles and products

almond eyes

1. When did You BC? I shaved May 2014
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? Only once in June 2014
  3. Regimen? Once a week shampoo and condition, monthly protein, wash and go, KKNT, finger detangle with a slippery conditioner
  4. Likes of being natural? my coily hair pattern
  5. Dislikes of being natural? The awkward stage which I about to enter soon. I now have about 5 inches on my hair but it shrinks down to about two inches. I don't mind shrinkage. My front hair grows shorter than the rest so I have a mullet look.

Misseyl

When did You BC? April/May 2014
  1. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? No
  2. Regimen? Prepoo with oils, wash with sulfate free shampoo & deep condition every week. Using the LOC method and seal with jojoba, castor oil and shea butter mix.
  3. Likes of being natural? Experiencing growth all over my head. Areas that were stunted are not improving, even my edges are growing in, not thicker but hair is actually coming in.
  4. Dislikes of being natural? Don't have any dislikes, love my hair too much.:afro:
[/QUOTE]

Evolving78

1. When did You BC? April 24, 2015
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? When? Yes; shaped ;April 25th 2015
  3. Regimen? Cowash daily using tresemme natural, or SE shampoo cream. Roasts QP leave-in, SE leave-in, KCKT, ecostyler gel, or a curling cream/custurd. Use pomade on my sides. Wash and go!
  4. Likes of being natural? im having fun right now and enjoying the ease of washing and styling. Like being able to not have to stretch, hide, protect, etc...
  5. Dislikes of being natural? I'm not a fan of shrinkage, but it comes with the territory!

Guinan

Re-Branding
When did You BC? August 2014
Have you cut/shaped your TWA? When? Yes; shaped ; April 2015
Regimen? MHM 1-2X's a week
Likes of being natural? Being able to color my hair more and twistouts
Dislikes of being natural? SHRINKAGE and frizz

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
As of right now I don't think
I even have enough hair to say I fit into the TWA category lol

1. When did You BC? Shaved my head February 2015
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? Umm no
  3. Regimen? I really don't have one as of now. I wash as needed with Design Essentials Honey Creme moisture retention shampoo. I wet it daily and use Kinky curly leave in and whatever oil I decide to use that day. I spritz with Distilled water throughout the day to keep it from looking dry. Well at least when I'm out...if by chance I can be cooped up in doors I do nothing to it.
  4. Likes of being natural? This is my second time natural and when it was longer I loved the versatility though right now I can't do any style whatsoever which is fine because life is crazy and I don't have to "worry" about hair right now. Oh and I love random conversations with other naturals about hair.
  5. Dislikes of being natural? Mmm I honestly can't say I dislike anything about my natural hair. Well except the extremely different curl patterns. I want uniformed coils!!!

Last edited:

Evolving78

As of right now I don't think
I even have enough hair to say I fit into the TWA category lol

1. When did You BC? Shaved my head February 2015
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? Umm no
  3. Regimen? I really don't have one as of now. I wash as needed with Design Essentials Honey Creme moisture retention shampoo. I wet it daily and use Kinky curly leave in and whatever oil I decide to use that day. I spritz with Distilled water throughout the day to keep it from looking dry. Well at least when I'm out...if by chance I can be cooped up in doors I do nothing to it.
  4. Likes of being natural? This is my second time natural and when it was longer I loved the versatility though right now I can't do any style whatsoever which is fine because life is crazy and I don't have to "worry" about hair right now. Oh and I love random conversations with other naturals about hair.
  5. Dislikes of being natural? Mmm I honestly can't say I dislike anything about my natural hair. Well except the extremely different curl patterns. I want uniformed coils!!!
We are in the same boat! Lol

Evolving78

So ladies what's going?
I'm loving my hair right now, and I'm excited for it to grow out to wear some more cute styles. I plan to enjoy this big chop this time around. Usually I do a lot of styles and get it edged up/lining, but I think will keep the taper on the sides for awhile.

I don't think I will go product crazy this time around either. I still want to try aveda for straightening. I will stick with qhemet biologics, and oyin. They have been good to me in the past. Oh I do want to try aphogee's conditioner for natural hair.

Last edited:

Brwnbeauti

1. When did You BC? I shaved May 2014
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? Only once in June 2014
  3. Regimen? Once a week shampoo and condition, monthly protein, wash and go, KKNT, finger detangle with a slippery conditioner
  4. Likes of being natural? my coily hair pattern
  5. Dislikes of being natural? The awkward stage which I about to enter soon. I now have about 5 inches on my hair but it shrinks down to about two inches. I don't mind shrinkage. My front hair grows shorter than the rest so I have a mullet look.

We might be bc twins. I cut this year but stopped getting relaxers last May. My hair is alps in that weird stage, makes me wish I'd have chopped earlier because it's too long for those cute twa styles. What is a kknt?

Evolving78

We might be bc twins. I cut this year but stopped getting relaxers last May. My hair is alps in that weird stage, makes me wish I'd have chopped earlier because it's too long for those cute twa styles. What is a kknt?
Once my hair got to 5 inches it wasn't considered teeny weeny anymore. I had major shrinkage though. How long is your hair right now when stretched?
Oh and it kinky curly knot today leave in.

Brwnbeauti

So ladies what's going?
I'm loving my hair right now, and I'm excited for it to grow out to wear some more cute styles. I plan to enjoy this big chop this time around. Usually I do a lot of styles and get it edged up/lining, but I think will keep the taper on the sides for awhile.

I don't think I will go product crazy this time around either. I still want to try aveda for straightening. I will stick with qhemet biologics, and oyin. They have been good to me in the past. Oh I do want to try aphogee's conditioner for natural hair.
I purchased five products last week. Spent about 70$ :look:
Darn shame.

Brwnbeauti

Once my hair got to 5 inches it wasn't considered teeny weeny anymore. I had major shrinkage though. How long is your hair right now when stretched?
Oh and it kinky curly knot today leave in.

It's about 4-4.5 inches. It shrinks to about 1 inch. KKNT was one of my purchases. How do you use it?

Evolving78

It's about 4-4.5 inches. It shrinks to about 1 inch. KKNT was one of my purchases. How do you use it?
I use it as a leave in. I don't really fine it to be moisturizing though.

I live Giovanni direct leave in better. Even though that has protein in it. It still has somewhat of the same consistency and effect.

I also like kids organic Shea butter detangling lotion. If I don't like to use gel, but still want moisture and hold, I use that.

How do you wear your hair?

Last edited:

Brwnbeauti

I use it as a leave in. I don't really fine it to be moisturizing though.

I live Giovanni direct leave in better. Even though that has protein in it. It still has somewhat of the same consistency and effect.

I also like kids organic Shea butter detangling lotion. If I don't like to use gel, but still want moisture and hold, I use that.

How do you wear your hair?

I've been doing two stand twist at night and untwisting and fluffing it in the morning. Ive done a few wash n go's but I haven't mastered how to maintain the coils n curls. Where is Giovanni sold?

Evolving78

I've been doing two stand twist at night and untwisting and fluffing it in the morning. Ive done a few wash n go's but I haven't mastered how to maintain the coils n curls. Where is Giovanni sold?
I believe whole foods, target, and now some beauty supply stores. I think Walmart too!

almond eyes

I must admit though that I had been natural prior to May actually December 2013 was my last relaxer. I didn't like how my hair was looking even after babying it for several months so I shaved it off.

I like to do stretching and wash and goes for hair styles. Pony puffs once in a while. I do a lot of knit caps, beanies and hair scarves. I meant Kinky Curly Knot Today, I made a mistake in the acronym.

We are at the same stage though almost out of the TWA and onto the awkward stage.

What styles do you do.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Brwnbeauti

I must admit though that I had been natural prior to May actually December 2013 was my last relaxer. I didn't like how my hair was looking even after babying it for several months so I shaved it off.

I like to do stretching and wash and goes for hair styles. Pony puffs once in a while. I do a lot of knit caps, beanies and hair scarves. I meant Kinky Curly Knot Today, I made a mistake in the acronym.

We are at the same stage though almost out of the TWA and onto the awkward stage.

What styles do you do.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Two strand twist and wash n go. That's about it. My wash n go needs work. I've worn my hair out for less than a week so I'm still learning and experimenting.

naija24

1. When did You BC? January 26, 2015
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? I had it mildly shaped in order to get rid of all the relaxed hair. I wish I didn't and waiting until I had more length so that it would look even.
  3. Regimen? Cowash usually 2x a week.....leave in conditioner and shea butter to seal. ..... Then I leave it alone lol
  4. Likes of being natural? Yay money saved!! Low maintenance.
  5. Dislikes of being natural? I much prefer straight hair. Debating going back or PSing until ti's longer so I can straighten twice a week.

LoveisYou

1. When did You BC? Many times, most recently in October 2014
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? When? Yes; shaped ; November 2014 (shorter sides and back, more hair on top)
  3. Regimen? Cowash every other day with any conditioner, jane carter leave in, jane carter or Carol's daughter moisturizer and curl definer (eco styler gel or jane carter pudding)
  4. Likes of being natural? less expensive, easier to handle at this length, perfect summer hair
  5. Dislikes of being natural? dryness, shrinkage

HappywithJC723

1. When did You BC? May 1, 2015
  2. Have you cut/shaped your TWA? Yes. Dh tapered the sides and back for me a little bit.
  3. Regimen? Haven't figured one out yet. Right now I'm cowashing/washing/dcing on an as needed basis and protective styling with a wig for 5 days during the week and wearing it out on the weekends.
  4. Likes of being natural? Low maintenance, so far.
  5. Dislikes of being natural? Shrinkage and the feeling that I don't know what I'm doing. I can't seem to get my styling right. I tried wash and go's over the weekend, but I don't think it worked out very well. I can't seem to get my sides right. :pullhair: